The Student Room Group

WJEC AS & A2 Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Ysondrae
Yeah I completely agree with you! People say 'all the hard work will pay off' but I'm like mehhh I doubt that'll happen with me :redface: I completely screwed up on the AaBb question and the one where we had to draw 2 pairs of homologous chromosomes, but the first page of questions was fairly nice, and the essay questions were definitely the easiest. I answered the one about cloning plants :smile:
What did you put for the question about labelling the parts of the ovary? I wrote corpus luteum, primary oocyte and jelly coat but I'm really doubtful about those answers :s-smilie: I know about the zona pellucida but I'm not sure what it exactly is, but thinking about it now... 'jelly coat' sounds so stupid, I should've written zona pellucida :colondollar:

Yeah same! Not with WJEC biology it wont pay off anyway xD I hate the exam board so much after this! Sameee, I put AaBb for all 4 genotypes when I should have crossed them differently :frown: and the drawings were so bad... I don't think I got those right either D:
Yeah same, I did that essay too :smile:
umm... I put primary oocyte, Graafian follicle and corpus luteum.. I have no idea if Im right though xD I hate those diagrams! ah right, well Im sure WJEC have referred to it as a jelly coat in some marks schemes so you never know!

What kinda thing did you put for the natural selection in cod question? I'm pretty sure I was way too general.. I didn't know what phenotype in the cod it was talking about :frown:
Reply 661
Original post by DingDong!
No probs, and I see you're also going to UEA! :smile:

Yep!

I wasn't a fan of that exam :erm:
Reply 662
Original post by lilyyyy
Yeah same! Not with WJEC biology it wont pay off anyway xD I hate the exam board so much after this! Sameee, I put AaBb for all 4 genotypes when I should have crossed them differently :frown: and the drawings were so bad... I don't think I got those right either D:
Yeah same, I did that essay too :smile:
umm... I put primary oocyte, Graafian follicle and corpus luteum.. I have no idea if Im right though xD I hate those diagrams! ah right, well Im sure WJEC have referred to it as a jelly coat in some marks schemes so you never know!

What kinda thing did you put for the natural selection in cod question? I'm pretty sure I was way too general.. I didn't know what phenotype in the cod it was talking about :frown:

For the cod question, I wrote that the size of the cod decreased because the smaller sized cod were better adapted to surviving the heavily fished area in comparison to the larger cod, because they are more likely to fit through the holes in fishing nets and trawlers. So, the smaller cod survived, bred and passed on the allele that codes for smaller sized cod. The different size in cod has arisen due to natural variation in the species :smile:
Reply 663
How did everyone do on by4 and 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 664
Hello!

I just started first year in Sixth form and I really want to do more individual study at home for my AS subjects, particularly Biology since the teacher isn't so great.

If any of you have any recommendations for books or websites, it would be very helpful!

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by kayla:)
Just a couple more - I can't upload the others as they're far too big :frown: Hope it helps though!

Hi Kayla,Can you please split your part 2 of the old questions in two documents and post it, as I reallyyyyy need them:colondollar::confused:
Hello Fellow WJEC Biology-ers! Welcome to the WJEC AS &A2 Biology Thread

This is a Thread where you can
-Ask questions on the content of the course
-Post your revision aid/helpful sites you come across
-Give advice that you've received about the course/content
-Request/Post past exam papers and Mark Schemes

If you 'Watch' this thread, then if you go onto your watched threads, there is a little paper clip next to the name.
If you click on that paper clip then you will find everything that has previously been posted on this Thread.
Please check there first before requesting past papers and mark schemes, as a majority of them are still there.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message on TSR :smile:

Kayla:smile:

hi kayla can you please post past papers from biology wjec as from 2000 onwards until 2006thanks
Reply 668
has anyone got any links to revision notes for WJEC AS biology?!
Reply 669
Can anyone help me with BY3 prep please? I'm really confused on what I've actually got to do hah!
wjec after 9 years
Here are some BI5 past papers and mark schemes - for some reason some of the earlier papers (03-05) won't upload on here, so if you would like them, drop me an email :smile: or any other BI/Y 2/4 papers too :smile:

Hi,
i want to request for biology past papers but cannot access your email. could you please send me the email address?
Thanks,
Hi! 9 years later and im wondering if anyone has the wjec B14 24 jan 2006 mark scheme? or if anyone knows why photorespiration is bad? thanks.
Hi! 9 years later and im wondering if anyone has the B14 24 jan 2006 wjec a level biology mark scheme? or if anyone knows why photorespiration is bad for a plant? thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending