The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 1
My friend does Sociology, Criminology and Politics. She enjoys it.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
i applied for it this october and've got an offer of ABB about a week ago to study politics, economics, and philosophy. as part of L000. not sure if i'll take it though. are these combined honours degrees worth thier salt? or any powdery material for that matter? sand ... sugar ... dandruff?
Reply 3
My friend does Criminology and Psychology in SES and I'm combined honours science. Think they're good. To be honest, unless you do a vocational degree (medicine, vetinary science, etc) it doesn't really matter what degree you do: it matters how well you do, and what other activities you get involved in.

OK, you may learn skills in criminology and education that could set the path for a teaching career, but even then you'd have to do a PCGE. Combined Honours are good because it means theres a bit of variation.
Reply 4
Can you tell me what buildings Criminology is taught in and the same for Computer Science? Is the Computer Science for a combined honours just taught in the department of computer science or is it a different place?
Reply 5
StillUndecided
Has anyone applied for or is anyone currently studying combined honours SES?
What subjects are you doing? see sig for me.

I'm currently in my first year in the comb.hon.ses faculty. I'm studying german, geography and international development. Its great if you cant quite decide what you want to exactly and therefore gives you a variety. As you can see my subjects aren't really connected at all but so far im enjoying them! Since starting, ive realised that geog modules are actually covered in my int.dev. course so i'll just drop geog at the end of the year. But yeah, I would completely say, If you're not exactly sure which subject you want to study then it's a great choice! And the people in the faculty are pretty friendly too!!!
Reply 6
Anyone heading to the open day on 15th March??
Reply 7
Anyone else applied for Combined Honours SES??

I am starting to worry about the courses I have chosen because of the complete lack of connection there is between the 2 subjects (criminology and computer science).

Latest

Trending

Trending