The Student Room Group

UCAS Processing...

Hey ppl...plz dnt think this is just another thread on 'how long it takes to process your UCAS application,' because this one is slightly different....strangely, my head of 6th form decided to only allow us to apply to university using a paper form, and not on UCAS Apply...i wanted to ask who else has applied using the paper form, and how long it took to process their application and recieve their welcome letter? It's coming up to two weeks this friday, so Im waiting very anxiously !! Thanks in advance, Sunny :smile:
Reply 1
From my understanding UCAS have stopped taking paper based applications starting this year, everything is done electronically over the internet

I suggest you check with UCAS if its possible to apply via paper-based. Very few people would be applying through this means & I'm pretty damn sure that theyve stopped paper-based applications, but I COULD be wrong :smile:
Reply 2
ye..it was reported that they've stopped taking applications via the paper-based system, but they actually didnt...they just pushed the electronic system, which most people decided to take, obviously apart from a few, like my school, so it is possibly, because I have applied, and have recieved an 'Acknowledgement Card' from them, but not my welcome letter, so was wandering when other people have..? thanks :smile:
Reply 3
very few people who have used the paper based system will be on thestudentroom
Reply 4
Why exactly were you told to use the paperback version compared to the online version of the apply form? The latter is a LOT more convenient to use.
Reply 5
I actually dont have a clue, apparently the paper based form has more space for your personal statement, not a great deal, maybe about a couple of lines, but still I think that was the main reason...but i do agree, i wish i had done it online, because the processing is much quicker, plus its more easier to use....but nevermind! :frown:
paper form shud b a lot slower and has many risks eg. being lost in post

also u cant find ur admission decision online can you? so it takes ages of wating for the postman to arrive :redface: im quite happy with having it done online :biggrin:
Reply 7
no u can check ur application online, its just it takes ages to process it in the first place, so you dont get ur welcome letter for upto 5 weeks apparently!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending