The Student Room Group

What to do when you can't push your self to revise?

I have a Gcse Biology exam next week along with a huge maths exam in early june AND I HAVEN'T REVISED ANYTHING !!!!!!!!
Problem is i know i need to get revising and go through practice papers etc but i just can't do it .. O_O i mean i even woke up at 7 today to get on with it but still nothing ...
its like im mentally paralyzed ..
any tips?
Okay, first try and relax yourself - having a drink of water works for me, I don't know about you. That ought to somewhat stop your mental paralysis. I usually have the same problem as you in not wanting to start, but if you want to do well then you pretty much have to.

Maybe you could try doing a past paper or some other questions rather than sitting down and just reading/copying down notes. That way you'll know what your weaknesses are and you might be more motivated to learn the course. Or take baby steps - only revise a small subtopic at first and slowly expand your studying until you're doing everything.

Honestly, you can't force motivation - either you want to do well to the extent that you'll study; or you just don't care enough.
Reply 2
Set yourself a realistic goal with a reward.

More on this: http://studyguidedirectory.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-overcome-procrastination.html
Reply 3
Self-harm. :holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by Serendipitous
Maybe you could try doing a past paper or some other questions rather than sitting down and just reading/copying down notes. That way you'll know what your weaknesses are and you might be more motivated to learn the course.

Thank you !!! This helped a lot !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending