The Student Room Group

From Kaiser to Führer: Germany 1900-1945 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Once again, last time before the exam:

This year's 2015 exam discussion has moved onto HERE to prevent this thread being clogged up even more!

Come and join us to discuss what we think could come up this time around! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, does anyone have a plan for or an idea of how to answer this section A question from life in wartime germany

"opposition to nazi regime had no significant impact on civilian morale during WW2" how far do you agree?

i wouldve thought the two to be independant of each other but either way how would i go about answering that :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c_k62
Hi, does anyone have a plan for or an idea of how to answer this section A question from life in wartime germany

"opposition to nazi regime had no significant impact on civilian morale during WW2" how far do you agree?

i wouldve thought the two to be independant of each other but either way how would i go about answering that :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd have more chance of getting a response here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041473&page=65
Hey Guys!
I was doing a practise question but I am acutally quite stuck on this and was wondering whether the TSR Community could help? :smile:

So the question is: "The Nazi Regime faced no serious opposition during the Second World War". How far do you agree with this opinion?

Now I was going to do a paragraph on each opposition group and their "seriousness" eg. Christian opposition, Youth opposition, etc. but looked at a few model essays that have a statement and then a "How far do you agree" question at the end, they encompass other factors but I can't think of anything else.

What can I put or was I on the right track with the paragraph per opposition group?

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by 345423KNL
Hey Guys!
I was doing a practise question but I am acutally quite stuck on this and was wondering whether the TSR Community could help? :smile:

So the question is: "The Nazi Regime faced no serious opposition during the Second World War". How far do you agree with this opinion?

Now I was going to do a paragraph on each opposition group and their "seriousness" eg. Christian opposition, Youth opposition, etc. but looked at a few model essays that have a statement and then a "How far do you agree" question at the end, they encompass other factors but I can't think of anything else.

What can I put or was I on the right track with the paragraph per opposition group?

Thank you! :smile:

Post here! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041473&page=83
You were in the right track. We were given an example of a full marks essay and it had this exact structure. It also sustained the argument that overall opposition was in affective due to the isolation of each form of opposition. Hope that helps! :smile:
I'm super confused. In the textbook there are 3 controversies, unit 2, 7 and 8, however units 7 and 8 both cover the same time period. So, should i revise units 7 and 8 separately or are they likely to be included in the same question? (if that makes sense)
Original post by gholland12
I'm super confused. In the textbook there are 3 controversies, unit 2, 7 and 8, however units 7 and 8 both cover the same time period. So, should i revise units 7 and 8 separately or are they likely to be included in the same question? (if that makes sense)

units 7 and 8 are the same controversy, if thats the one you want to do you have to know 7 and 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just asking for everyone to:

Please don't discuss the exam until Tuesday morning - as it will simply raise the grade boundaries as some people in different time zones haven't sat the exam yet :smile:
This paper is only for the UK, where will it be sat in different timezones?!
Reply 3850
"This paper is only for the UK, where will it be sat in different timezones?!" Good point, in lieu with that, might i ask how people found the exam?

Quick point I realised that i didn't mention the Great depression in the question regarding Hitler's appointment to chancellor, and wish to know just how badly i had done goofed by doing so.
Original post by Tarfun
"This paper is only for the UK, where will it be sat in different timezones?!" Good point, in lieu with that, might i ask how people found the exam?

Quick point I realised that i didn't mention the Great depression in the question regarding Hitler's appointment to chancellor, and wish to know just how badly i had done goofed by doing so.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3041473 - thats the thread for this year :smile:
I think that its not the be all and end all, if you justified your other points than you should be able to scrape a decent mark (but it was quite a bad thing to miss out!)
Reply 3852
Original post by arjunvntrivedi
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3041473 - thats the thread for this year :smile:
I think that its not the be all and end all, if you justified your other points than you should be able to scrape a decent mark (but it was quite a bad thing to miss out!)

Damn, sorry about wrong thread :P

Yea, i hope its not a complete flop, the worst thing was that i was all "yea i did super well", then Dad briefly mentioned it, only to be interrupted by a rather disappointed exclamation from yours truly :biggrin:. As for justifying my other points? Hopefully...
Reply 3853
Didn't manage to have time for a conclusion in section B aah. Managed to get all my points down though and made judgements throughout essay. How many marks will I miss out from not doing a conclusion?
Reply 3854
To be honest, provided your paragraphs were fine then it shouldn't matter tooooo much. Well it will, but at least you will have a nice essay which the examiner can throw most of the marks at :smile: . It will all be fine!
Hey guys,

I am going to be sitting this paper in a couple of months and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to send me their notes or provide me with any useful information about the exam??

Helpful comments - I learned a lot from the details - Does anyone know where my company could possibly locate a fillable a form form to fill in ?
Original post by Stricof
Anyone need a revision guide? Got a revision guide. :biggrin:
Is this for A level as well ?
Hi is that for History A level also where can I get A level History paper Edexcel
Original post by triii9
Didn't manage to have time for a conclusion in section B aah. Managed to get all my points down though and made judgements throughout essay. How many marks will I miss out from not doing a conclusion?
Hi Friends,
The revision guide has helped me. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending