My Liz Earle Clear Skin and Cleanse and Polish review.

Watch
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Recently on Youtube, there have been many, MANY reviews on Liz Earle products, in particular the Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.

After watching SWalkers review, I browsed the website and found the Clear Skin Offer, which includes a deep skin mask, exfoliater and a spot treatment, headband and sponges to use with the deep skin mask which cost around £20. I chose this specific treatment because at the moment my skin is breaking out, and I cant find anything to combat it. After watching SWalkerMakeup's review, I was really taken, as this is the most enthusiastic I have seen her about a product, and it seems to have taken YouTube by storm. I was also particularly swayed by the natural products, ethical stance on no animal testing, and the amount of beauty awards the company has won.

(Sorry for having to tilt your head!)

This was what I received this morning, and by sheer luck, I received a complimentary Cleanse and Polish, with a muslin cloth. You receive a note by the person who packed it, which is all individually wrapped with tissue paper and signature Liz Earle sticker. You get

-a product guide,
-a product price guide
-an ingredients guide
-a letter
-an invoice
-a step by step guide as to how to use the Cleanse and Polish product.

You get a sense of that time and effort has been put into your package, not just shoved into an envelope, and thought it was great that they sent the free Cleanse and Polish product, as it complimented the other products I bought in the offer.

I first applied the Cleanse and Polish, in circular motions. You could instantly smell the eucalyptus, and it went on quite smoothly. I then poured hot water onto the muslin cloth and squeezed it until it was just damp, and gently rubbed the product off my face. I then rinsed with cool water, and pat dryed my face. It took about 5 minutes for my face to fully dry, and my face did feel far smoother, and cleaner than if I were to just use face wipes or soap. I couldn't feel any residue, it just felt like brand new skin !

I then applied the mask, and used generous amounts as instructed. I then left it on whilst I was in the bath. It has a strange smell to it. Not a bad smell, but just a strong smell of the natural ingredients that are in it, very herbal and fresh, not sweet or perfumed that you find in regular face masks. Its a deep green colour, so you do look like you've come out of a swamp! When I got out of the bath I used the sponges to remove the mask, and it was really easy to remove. Normally face masks set like rock and you end up having to scrub quite hard at your skin to remove it, which defeats the object of treating your skin well.

Half an hour after use, I can safely say that my skin feels amazing already. It feels smooth, and just.. unclogged, fresh. In terms of the appearance of my skin, it hasnt done a great deal for the spots. In no way did I expect them to be magicked away, but I suppose using these products on a regular basis will keep my skin clear and reduce the amount of breakouts I have.

I really do highly recommend these products. I am in no way affiliated with Liz Earle, just my way of helping out other people who have a similar problem with their skin!
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
Here are my two reviews:

Review 1
Review 2

Enjoy!
amizzle91
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm seriously considering trying these products.
I saw that they do a 'young skin try-me' kit, which has the hot cloth cleanser, a toning spritzer and the light moisturiser, which I think I'll need because I am prone to breakouts.

But I'm 20 soon, so not actually teenage anymore- does anyone think I should just go for the proper cleanse, tone, moisturise thing they have :/
DancinBallerina
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amizzle91)
I'm seriously considering trying these products.
I saw that they do a 'young skin try-me' kit, which has the hot cloth cleanser, a toning spritzer and the light moisturiser, which I think I'll need because I am prone to breakouts.

But I'm 20 soon, so not actually teenage anymore- does anyone think I should just go for the proper cleanse, tone, moisturise thing they have :/
I'd personally just go for the proper cleanse and polish, but that might be because I am biased somewhat lol . I haven't heard any reviews on the ''teenage'' one, but tbh with Liz Earle all the products are really nice. I too am prone to acne and im in my mid 20s. This hasn't been a quick overnight fix however, you have to be consistent with it, ie morning and night use to see a difference. Also there have been people who have had a breakout from this, so do take that into consideration; what works for many, may not necessarily work for you.
harlar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I use the Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser, because it tended to come out better in comparisons. It leaves my skin so soft that my boyfriend even commented on it the other day, and it's only £5.20 in Boots if you use the £5 facial skincare voucher, so it's a bit more purse-friendly!
DancinBallerina
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by harleygrant)
I use the Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser, because it tended to come out better in comparisons. It leaves my skin so soft that my boyfriend even commented on it the other day, and it's only £5.20 in Boots if you use the £5 facial skincare voucher, so it's a bit more purse-friendly!
I love sanctuary, but their cleanser broke me out really badly. Literally massive eruptions and the pain; jeeze! :/ lol. But like you said it definitely is purse friendly!
goldenGAZE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The next time i'm in debenhams i am going to buy this I've read soo many reviews on how amazing it is.
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I use a lot of Liz Earle products, such good products and actually pretty much works instantly. The shampoo is good too
starxx21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I use liz Earle products and they keep my skin healthy but don’t really get rid of my spots but the moisturiser makes my skin glow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (194)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (560)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (430)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (530)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (190)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (232)
6.03%
Loneliness (323)
8.4%
Financial worries (141)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (151)
3.93%
Exposure to negative news/social media (172)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (343)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (361)
9.39%

Watched Threads