Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have £80 2 spend on a mini fridge but i want 1 that can store wine bottles. any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    i dont anything specific about mini fridges but theyre definately worth the money.good times...

ReputationRep:
    if ur gonna put it in a hall of residence at uni, make sure u'r allowed to keep them there first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itz_ant)
    if ur gonna put it in a hall of residence at uni, make sure u'r allowed to keep them there first.
    Like you wouldn't just keep one in there anyway.

Why the hell arn't you allowed mini fridges?

ReputationRep:
    na its 4 ma room
    i cnt go uni till 2007,
    im only 16
    lol

ReputationRep:
    are you talking about a bar fridge or one of those ones which seem to be very popular with Argos customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxjase)
    na its 4 ma room
    i cnt go uni till 2007,
    im only 16
    lol
    And you're drinking wine? Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Why the hell arn't you allowed mini fridges?
    Because they use up the equivalent power to a city of Newcastle size (since they don't have fridges, cause they're northern). It would be hard to try and justify to your halls committee why you need to double your rooms electricity bill (in all seriousness, i bet it would) when you have a fully functioning fridge in your kitchen downstairs/down the hall.

ReputationRep:
    They are really noisy, and for that price you could get a proper fridge almost in the sales and that would last you after Uni and it aint gimmicky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Because they use up the equivalent power to a city of Newcastle size (since they don't have fridges, cause they're northern). It would be hard to try and justify to your halls committee why you need to double your rooms electricity bill (in all seriousness, i bet it would) when you have a fully functioning fridge in your kitchen downstairs/down the hall.
    I seriously doubt it will consume more power in a year than a computer used for a few hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    Look in comet in the sales, i have a tiny egg fridge which will fit like two bottles of wine and that cost me £70, my friend got a small sized normal fridge for 90/100 and in the sales they will be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I seriously doubt it will consume more power in a year than a computer used for a few hours a day.
    Then you are mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Mini fridges, as in the ones that hold 5/6 cans don't use compressors or gas like big fridges. They use alot less power

ReputationRep:
    Then you are mistaken.
    I did the calculation maybe something went wrong.

600W CPU x 300 days x 3 hours a day = 540KWh/year
    60W x 365 x 24 = 526KWh/year

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that might be the case if you were rendering 3D stuff or something, but i can guarentee that your computer, just running windows and a few browsers, MSN and a music player uses no more than 30W. Hell, all the things I just mentioned can be done concurrently on mobile phones, and there's no chance they used 600W, or even 30W (though the quality is scaled down). The fridge, however, has to constantly use it's power, even in winter, because it's always trying to cool down the contents.

ReputationRep:
    Why do I seem to think that you aren't supposed to put wine in the fridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrychocolate)
    Why do I seem to think that you aren't supposed to put wine in the fridge?
    wine fridges not the fridge

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha.OK.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that might be the case if you were rendering 3D stuff or something, but i can guarentee that your computer, just running windows and a few browsers, MSN and a music player uses no more than 30W. Hell, all the things I just mentioned can be done concurrently on mobile phones, and there's no chance they used 600W, or even 30W (though the quality is scaled down). The fridge, however, has to constantly use it's power, even in winter, because it's always trying to cool down the contents.
    Who says the student would be staying in halls all winter? Everybody in my flat intends to eat their food before going home in a month leaving nothing in the fridge, letting the student turn the fridge off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxjase)
    i have £80 2 spend on a mini fridge but i want 1 that can store wine bottles. any ideas??
    Hmm, unlikely you can find one for £80. Best bet is to find one that doesn't have any shelves in, that way you can store about 2 or possibly 3 stood upright. Or you could search on ebay for one that's bigger.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.