Greenpeace and Animal Rights Watch

Bobbie W
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What are peoples thoughts on Greenpeace and the "worthwhile" work they do?

Personally I think they are increadibly misguided fools, and what angered me most was their hypocritical blockading the land rover plant, when they use land rovers themselves.

The second thing that angers me is Animal rights campagners, what is the point I mean they are simply "eco-terrorists" trying to enfore their views on us the majority.

Please discuss I would value your Inputs.
_jackofdiamonds
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Animals-Rights campaigners serve the ...useful... purpose of making us feel better about ourselves///
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bobbie W)
What are peoples thoughts on Greenpeace and the "worthwhile" work they do?

Personally I think they are increadibly misguided fools, and what angered me most was their hypocritical blockading the land rover plant, when they use land rovers themselves.

The second thing that angers me is Animal rights campagners, what is the point I mean they are simply "eco-terrorists" trying to enfore their views on us the majority.

Please discuss I would value your Inputs.
They represent a viewpoint and they lobby on that viewpoint - like most other NGOs they are a neccessary part of our democracy, whether you agree with their opinion or not. When they break the law or lie is when I question their right to existance. Greenpeace, for instance, publish a large amount of incorrect material concerning issues such as GM and the enivronment, and this does annoy me greatly.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was most likely not greenpeace but I work for Glaxo Smithkline and the protests we get here are just so pathetic. I really do feel sorry for them. They just whack at the gates and shout stuff through megaphones, then the police come and they stand around for a few hours then they get bored and go home. I really don't see what it achieves. Especially as there arn't even any in-vivo labs at this site.
Sync
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooo, my dad used to work for Smithkline Beecham, and the company fitted our house with a super-dooper alarm system linked to the police as they were affraid of animal rights workers coming to attack our house.....******s.....
Stick Man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maddox wrote an article about this once, and once again the Best Man in the Universe has altered my viewpoint to become congruent with his own.

Am I starting to sound like Profesh? I used the word "clientelle" earlier.
Sync
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah Maddox, I swear that bloke could tip a Presidential election one way or the other if he so wished.......
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
They represent a viewpoint and they lobby on that viewpoint - like most other NGOs they are a neccessary part of our democracy, whether you agree with their opinion or not. When they break the law or lie is when I question their right to existance. Greenpeace, for instance, publish a large amount of incorrect material concerning issues such as GM and the enivronment, and this does annoy me greatly.
should all the information the Govt gives in unbiased and true - uh i dont think so

and if you knew anything about Green peace then you would know that they dont spend all their time blocking roads they actually are involved in other things like trying to cut down on climate change related deaths

oh and as for animal rights campaigners - you lot are talking about animal rights activists BIG DIFFERENCE
one uses direct action the other uses indirect action the RSPCA are a campaigning orgainisation and im yet to meet a single person including people who have worked at testing plants who have been threatened by them. ALF on the other hand are activists and yes they are dangerous people

please dont sterotype in future
Bobbie W
Rep:
?
I'm sorry, However greenpeace still annoy me greatly, And my hatred of the activits burns with the passion of a thousand suns. But I like the campagners and i'm a member of the RSPCA and I fully support their work. I'm sorry for sterotyping.
Darth Excluder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Greenpeace itself gets on my pecks as they just seem to enjoy getting themselves into trouble, but animals have to live. and so do trees or we wont get any oxygen, the cause is right the method is wrong. :tsr:
Bobbie W
Rep:
?
Hmmm, I'm not so sure about greenpeace I mean but animal rights is a noble cause just goes to far, Banning Fox Hunting I mean honestly.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mdm708)
Maddox wrote an article about this once, and once again the Best Man in the Universe has altered my viewpoint to become congruent with his own.

Am I starting to sound like Profesh? I used the word "clientelle" earlier.
Start using real words, correctly spelled, and you may well be on to something there.
Stick Man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
:p: I guess I asked for that.
qeboy
Report 13 years ago
Animal rights activists have a few bolts loose. Instead of harping on and making ridiculous protests which further convines everyone they are idiots, they should campaign for the rights of HUMANS who are treated like animals in darfur, north korea, zimbabwe. Get a sense of perspective about where animals come in the order of things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.88%
No - I got the required grades (95)
57.93%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.2%

Watched Threads