This discussion is closed.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
AH, I don't think I've been on TV.

Actually maybe once, I'm sure we might have got caught up in some location broadcast on Midlands Today, just in the background.
I love it when news reporters have people 'lurking' in the background waving. Not that I'm saying you did that but it just reminded me.

Also when the same people go back and forth and keep walking past. Thats funny.
Chima
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
Have you?

What were you on?
Yea i was a few years ago. I met the old secretary of Education, Estelle Morris when she came to my school. Nothing special though.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)

Also when the same people go back and forth and keep walking past. Thats funny.
lol - i saw one of my teachers doimg that once on the news somewhere up in London - think he'd been on a course for the day
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I was on a pilot quiz show which never got aired or commissioned. my legs have been on the news a few times.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol - i saw one of my teachers doimg that once on the news somewhere up in London - think he'd been on a course for the day
I saw my teacher gettin arrested on TV lol
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my brother was on the Salon last night! wooo!
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
I saw my teacher gettin arrested on TV lol
was it for the bill or for real?
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
was it for the bill or for real?
It was for real. It happened somewhere in London. A guy, probably an MP was talking about plans to give free contraceptives to people in Africa. She disagreed, pushed and shouted at the guy. then some police men came and arrested her.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
BTW: how did you recognise it was his ear?
we knew who was sittin next to him + they panned along the whole row and all you could see of my brother was his ear...

lou xxx
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
we knew who was sittin next to him + they panned along the whole row and all you could see of my brother was his ear...

lou xxx
right
TK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
make it red
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by wiffmaster)
I was in a band's music video. The band's called Reuben, and you probably won't have heard of them. Still, it's cool anyhow and I had my minute of fame.
i've heard of them, they played at a pub near me. a friend in another band ("august" they are called) knows them.

i was interviewed for south west news ("points west") on BBC 1. it was about exams being too easy etc etc. prime time 6.30pm i have also been on some politics program on BBC2, i went to a "Str8 up" conference where 2 MPS answered teenagers questions about current affairs. i was there sitting down looking goofy
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Have you?

What were you on?
I was on "Working Lunch" when I was about 11. My sisters were on the live tv badminton horse trials. And my whole family were the subject of a BBC news online article about home education. Though obviously that's not TV
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
I haven't, but my older brother was on Fun House once.
Lucky, I would have loved to have gone on Fun House. That was the best!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my friend was on Songs of Praise at xmas about 8 years ago (when she was about 10) with Cliff Richard!! She had a pudding bowl hair cut, and the producers had told everyone to dress up but she was the only one who did - if you ever see it, she's the one dressed as an angel LMAO!!!!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Lucky, I would have loved to have gone on Fun House. That was the best!
Agreed. You couldnt beat fun house back in the day when Pat Sharp had that killer mullet.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Agreed. You couldnt beat fun house back in the day when Pat Sharp had that killer mullet.
The best part was the end, when they had to try and get those tags. That looked so fun, and at thattime, the prizes looked good too. And as for the main prize at the end, I would have loved to try out for them!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chris_)
4 of my flat mates went to the filming of Trisha on thursday and sat in the audience, one of them asked a question.
My best friend was actually on Trisha. The episode was once a cheat always a cheat?
I was asked to go on but I was too embarassed.

I was on central news washing up lunch boxes once, arent you all envious.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have been on television in Japan. Three times or so on the news - it was just like 'Oh this and this is taking place in Yokohama City' and you saw me in the background . Tee hee. On a more serious note, I appeared on a television programme regularly (=every week) discussing random issues. I did that for around a year. I was in a music video a band, and I was a backdancer for NHK's (Japan Broadcast - like the BBC) annual celebrity singing competition. I got to see so many Japanese celebrities so it was wicked! When I was very small I also was one of these kids that sat around listening to this famous (? I dunno...that's what I heard...) conductor teach about music and occasionally answered his questions (which of course was pre-planned, haha). I've also appeared on two tv commercials in Japan. All this was a few years ago, before I got sucked into hwk hell with the IB...I had to quit working in the media....darn.
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
I have been on television in Japan. Three times or so on the news - it was just like 'Oh this and this is taking place in Yokohama City' and you saw me in the background . Tee hee. On a more serious note, I appeared on a television programme regularly (=every week) discussing random issues. I did that for around a year. I've also appeared on two tv commercials in Japan. All this was a few years ago, before I got sucked into hwk hell with the IB...I had to quit working in the media....darn.
have you ever been on takeshi's castle. it's a well cool japanese show
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads