Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ButterCookie)
. . . are going to be altered so that they're suitable for veggies. Yay!
thanks 4 letting me no
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
I love them, especially when i can go and get reduced prices for bread at sainsbury... 10p for thick hovis.... then i put the filling into a triple decker....mmmn
he he - but u dunno what's happened to that bread

(ex sainsbury's worker)
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I love them, especially when i can go and get reduced prices for bread at sainsbury... 10p for thick hovis.... then i put the filling into a triple decker....mmmn
So you can get a loaf of bread for 10p?
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
So you can get a loaf of bread for 10p?
Sainsbury (and tesco?) begin to reduce prices of food that is close to its sell by date 2 hours before closing, and then an item is further reduced every half hour until it is finally taken off the shelf.... now the most common items are pastrys (daily) and bread which tends to be sold off around 3 times a week! Now depending when you go it can be as low as 10p... and people are usually clever and leave it untill it goes down to that... and then it all goes.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)

(ex sainsbury's worker)
Please inform us
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sainsbury (and tesco?) begin to reduce prices of food that is close to its sell by date 2 hours before closing, and then an item is further reduced every half hour until it is finally taken off the shelf.... now the most common items are pastrys (daily) and bread which tends to be sold off around 3 times a week! Now depending when you go it can be as low as 10p... and people are usually clever and leave it untill it goes down to that... and then it all goes.
we never reduced it further every half hour. i loved sticking on the reduced labels be careful which reduced loaves you buy though - i advise you to check them carefully
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

(ex sainsbury's worker)
Its okay... its just stock that is getting old, not damaged goods
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
How the hell do you know about this? Do you like time the price as it goes down? Whats the time for closing time for Sainsburys?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its okay... its just stock that is getting old, not damaged goods
lol - not where i worked it wasn't
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
we never reduced it further every half hour. i loved sticking on the reduced labels be careful which reduced loaves you buy though - i advise you to check them carefully
Hehe, thank you They all seem to be packaged nicely... i tend to avoid the sainsbury's own celophane packaged loafs... they are usually hard and so that puts me.

The sainsbury i go to is on Tottenham court road... mayb thats why they go down to 10p, i duno?
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
How the hell do you know about this? Do you like time the price as it goes down? Whats the time for closing time for Sainsburys?
Sainsbury closes at 10pm on weekdays and sat and closes at 6 on sundays....

I know it because i have somehow managed to make friends with the security gaurd... he tells me about it, i think he musst be bored, and so speakss to me... that or thinks i'm gona steal somthing :eek:
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hehe, thank you They all seem to be packaged nicely... i tend to avoid the sainsbury's own celophane packaged loafs... they are usually hard and so that puts me.

The sainsbury i go to is on Tottenham court road... mayb thats why they go down to 10p, i duno?
that's good. it's nothing too bad but quite a few get dropped on the floor if they are opened accidentally - just go for the sealed ones where u can tell theres no way they could have been opened
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I know it because i have some how manage to make friends with the security gaurd... he tells me about it
must be different - ours closes at 4 on sundays (loaves do get reduced to 10p though - just not further every half hour) the security guards are ace
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I know it because i have some how manage to make friends with the security gaurd... he tells me about it
Is the pricing issue this desperate now? Like students resorting to 10p breads, and crisps to survive? Or did you spend all your money into alcohol?
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
that's good. it's nothing too bad but quite a few get dropped on the floor if they are opened accidentally - just go for the sealed ones where u can tell theres no way they could have been opened

Lol, and so you reduce them to get rid of them... charming

Thank you for the advise
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lol, and so you reduce them to get rid of them... charming

Thank you for the advise
my pleasure.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Is the pricing issue this desperate now? Like students resorting to 10p breads, and crisps to survive? Or did you spend all your money into alcohol?
Hehe... no its just that i plan to save the majority of my student loan... and work in the summer (+one holiday per year) and then come out with enough for a deposit on a house... if i do medicine after my current degree then that will be somewhere abound £40,000 (that figure will rise if top up fees are introduced and i end up getting an £8000 loan per year)

Matt plans for the future and juggles his money
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my pleasure.
I was wondering, do you get a staff discount?

And what if you decide to say, get a friend in and reduce perfectly good stuff down to minimal prices for her? Then split the goods at home?

A nice cake for £1 is a good buy...or a bottle of wine for £3
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hehe... no its just that i plan to save the majority of my student loan... and work in the summer (+one holiday per year) and then come out with enough for a deposit on a house... if i do medicine after my current degree then that will be somewhere abound £40,000 (that figure will rise if top up fees are introduced and i end up getting an £8000 loan per year)

Matt plans for the future and juggles his money
Thats good juggling. I plan to do the same. Bread and tomato for 5 years.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I was wondering, do you get a staff discount?

And what if you decide to say, get a friend in and reduce perfectly good stuff down to minimal prices for her? Then split the goods at home?

A nice cake for £1 is a good buy...or a bottle of wine for £3
Usually the manager organises the reduced items.. and big chain supermarkets are extreemly tight on security
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads