Walkers' Cheese & Onion crisps . . .

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Matt the cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I duno about sainsbury but Tesco offer a staff discount after 3 months of employment ( i think) and also there are other bonuses that you get if you are loyal to the company such as cheap shares in the company and cheaper insurance e.t.c
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
I duno about sainsbury but Tesco offer a staff discount after 3 months of employment ( i think) and also there are other bonuses that you get if you are loyal to the company such as cheap shares in the company and cheaper insurance e.t.c
sainsbury's = 10% off after 6 months
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
sainsbury's = 10% off after 6 months
at safeway it was 10% off straight away... cant wait to go back in the summer and work for Morrisons... NOT! hate the uniform
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Usually the manager organises the reduced items.. and big chain supermarkets are extreemly tight on security
Thats my plan out of the windows then. But they don't check do they if its for only one or two items...
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Thats my plan out of the windows then. But they don't check do they if its for only one or two items...
i could reduce anything at the checkout if i wanted - i could even give stuff away for free!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i could reduce anything at the checkout if i wanted - i could even give stuff away for free!
Tinykates, I would trade you rep for free stuff, if that were possible.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Tinykates, I would trade you rep for free stuff, if that were possible.
lol - it would have been - but i'm honest plus i don't work there anymore - i gave sum biscuits away free once though coz the supervisors were pissing me off and they didnt come in time to tell my the price so i just chucked it down the checkout
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol - it would have been - but i'm honest plus i don't work there anymore - i gave sum biscuits away free once though coz the supervisors were pissing me off and they didnt come in time to tell my the price so i just chucked it down the checkout
How much do you get paid? Is it worth it?
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lol, wow... the sneakiest thing that i was aware of was putting fruit and other items that need to be weighed at a lighter weight or alternatively saying that there are actually less items than there are... of a multiple item sale, say you wanted to buy 25 bottles of wine, the cashire could just say that you are buying 20... however at tesco you have a camera on you every single minute that you are working there... i wouldn't test it
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
well i did sundays and got £7.20 an hour for some reason - i got more because i was under 18.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
starting rate is something like £4.25 per hour... increases as you work there longer
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well i did sundays and got £7.20 an hour for some reason - i got more because i was under 18.
Really i thought it would be less if you were under 18?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
What is the point in being a vegan, I'm sorry but i cannot see it. Why won't you eat eggs and milk i mean, nothing got murdered.
Quality of life
Battery hens live in tiny cages and get treated like crap, even barn eggs you cant be too sure
Milk = agressive milk farming, also once the animals are no longer useful they do get killed they dont lead a normal life.

I only eat free range eggs and I'm trying to give up milk but cant find a brand of soya that doesnt make me feel sick.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Really i thought it would be less if you were under 18?
i know - it doesn't make sense - i think the people who run sainsbury's are pretty ******ed though. When i started i got £3.26 an hour (i was only 15 though)
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i know - it doesn't make sense - i think the people who run sainsbury's are pretty ******ed though. When i started i got £3.26 an hour (i was only 15 though)
£3.26 is below minimum wage. i get £4.57 per hour
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Quality of life
Battery hens live in tiny cages and get treated like crap, even barn eggs you cant be too sure
Milk = agressive milk farming, also once the animals are no longer useful they do get killed they dont lead a normal life.

I only eat free range eggs and I'm trying to give up milk but cant find a brand of soya that doesnt make me feel sick.
If i was to raw free range eggs from a supermarket does anyone know the chances of getting ill from it?
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
When she started mate... and minimmum wage only counts if you are over 18
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
i know - i was only 15 then - i get £4.65 now at Next
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Quality of life

Try buffalo milk. natural and free range, live to a healthy life. Avaliable form ebay. (surprisingly enough)
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i know - i was only 15 then - i get £4.65 now at Next
shame, i get £5.47 an hour actually (i used to get $4.57 at marks and spencers, because they're a bunch of cheapskates)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads