The Student Room Group

A level examination entry 2011

Hi,
So i'm an average A level student in london and recently iv'e been very disappointed in my sixth form. (Thus changing it for next year)
However, as a result of their poor revisions lessons this past 3 weeks iv'e decided to revise myself at my own time at the library, as i thought i could benefit myself for the exams

So today i get a call saying i wont be able to do my exams (which are in 10 days) if i don't attend this last week of lessons, so i was wondering if they could actually cancel my entry without my given consent ?

As a matter of fact, as they state, the study leave is on 16th and my exams are on 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th therefore i don't see how leaving a day before my exams is counted as a 'Study LEAVE'

Anyways i just wanted to know if they could actually cancel my entry or is it just a 'scare of' their trying to do to make me go to the lessons, i mean the lessons are utterly useless and i really benefit from my own revision time much more
Reply 1
Original post by Mehraniam

So today i get a call saying i wont be able to do my exams (which are in 10 days) if i don't attend this last week of lessons, so i was wondering if they could actually cancel my entry without my given consent ?

Can they? Yes they absolutely can. If you are deemed to be no longer studying there (on account of non-attendance) yes they can. It's a ten second job at the push of a PC button.

Will they? I don't know but other people on here have in the past suffered the fate that you have been threatened with.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Can they? Yes they absolutely can. If you are deemed to be no longer studying their (on account of non-attendance) yes they can. It's a ten second job at the push of a PC button.

Will they? I don't know but other people on here have in the past suffered the fate that you have been threatened with.

It's really frustrating.. and overall just the fact that my whole day is going to be taken away with lessons filled with students messing about on their phone, and as an institution where their supposed to care about the 'student', it seems like all they care about it their year groups attendance record

Situations like this overthrow the hatred i have for school :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending