Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
btw, 12 A*s is pretty impressive.
how did your mod 1's go this jan?
I think I aced teh mods (touch wood)

The 12 A*s were hell. At the time, I really did regret it, and basically had no free time. So the social life suffered.

Indeed I was ready to drop one in winter, when I realised that there was only about 5 months to go to the exams.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I think I aced teh mods (touch wood)

The 12 A*s were hell. At the time, I really did regret it, and basically had no free time. So the social life suffered.

Indeed I was ready to drop one in winter, when I realised that there was only about 5 months to go to the exams.
did you do AQA?
and did u do any AS's in yr 11? if not, wud u have preferred do an AS rather than 3/4 extra gcses?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
did you do AQA?
and did u do any AS's in yr 11? if not, wud u have preferred do an AS rather than 3/4 extra gcses?
I do AQA for Chem, Bio

I think that the GCSEs are actually easier by about 3 times than AS levels. So I would ahve probably got a really bad mark if I did an AS. That said, I know someone who did an A2 maths during their GCSEs. He is I believe doing Further Further Maths A levels. Crazy.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
I do AQA for Chem, Bio

I think that the GCSEs are actually easier by about 3 times than AS levels. So I would ahve probably got a really bad mark if I did an AS. That said, I know someone who did an A2 maths during their GCSEs. He is I believe doing Further Further Maths A levels. Crazy.
lol..that is mad...

im not too sure how this f maths thing works..do they have modules designed specifically for f maths..or is it just that u do 12 modules instead of the normal 6?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol..that is mad...

im not too sure how this f maths thing works..do they have modules designed specifically for f maths..or is it just that u do 12 modules instead of the normal 6?
F maths is another 6 modules. And they are only allowed 1 first module eg D1 then the rest have either have to be of at least two level 4 modules. For OCR anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads