Many friends of different Race?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
just wondering. do you have many if any closer friends of a different ethnic background to yourself?

personally my closer friends (ones i see out of sixth form) are all white.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
about 80% of my friends are.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well I would say yes. But thinking hard about it, it makes me wonder. Most are actually white.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
just wondering. do you have many if any closer friends of a different ethnic background to yourself?

I have a mix. Our sixthform celebrates diversity.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i'd say 50:50
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Almost all of my friends are of a different race or to me... more different than the same.

(btw i am white)
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
ah, but are you white too? that is the question
MattG
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
ah, but are you white too? that is the question
yes i am.

just thinking if ppl are naturally receptive more to ppl of their own race. its understandable of course.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
yes i am.

just thinking if ppl are naturally receptive more to ppl of their own race. its understandable of course.
I actually think you would have more luck thinking that people are more receptive to the opposite sex
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Sadly all my friends are white, I had a few asian friends at school (in fact most my friends were asian at school). At university the white and asian people tend to have their own groups we all get on fine but we are not friends which other. Its just the way it turned out. There is also only two black people on my course out of about 85.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have a really funny m8 whos asian, but he keeps making racist jokes about himself and tht gets so awkward! any1 else find this? memories of goodness gracious me
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I just join in the racist jokes. THey call me white guy, I call them cheap *****. All in good fun. At least you know the barriers have truly fallen when you can do that.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the uni is about 95% white, so its hard to have _lots_ of friends of a different race, but everyone gets along.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
i have a really funny m8 whos asian, but he keeps making racist jokes about himself and tht gets so awkward! any1 else find this? memories of goodness gracious me
I had a mate Shahead he was always like that. He used to say thing like "I hate being a p*ki etc" some of the stuff he said cannot be repeated on here. I think he kind of did as a joke but it some times got a bit of hand. He used to get bullied all the time because of it.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I had a mate Shahead he was always like that. He used to say thing like "I hate being a p*ki etc" some of the stuff he said cannot be repeated on here. I think he kind of did as a joke but it some times got a bit of hand. He used to get bullied all the time because of it.
(feels very sad) I think i'm too sensitive for my own good.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I just join in the racist jokes. THey call me white guy, I call them cheap *****. All in good fun. At least you know the barriers have truly fallen when you can do that.
Yeah I must admit I have called a few asian people p*kis that I was close too, it was all harmless fun, they took the piss out christianaty ( so did we actually) we took the piss out of the muslems. We used to make jokes about the all white people shagging anything etc as well.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Yeah I must admit I have called a few asian people p*kis that I was close too, it was all harmless fun, they took the piss out christianaty ( so did we actually) we took the piss out of the muslems. We used to make jokes about the all white people shagging anything etc as well.

I once rang my friend' s phone, someone answered, and I said "I demand to speak to my wife" in the most ludicrous accent I could muster. Little did I realise it was her mother who answered. I toned it down a little after that.

Dunno about you, but did you find you began to learn certain words of their langague? I know most of the insults in urdu, and when people don't know me use them thinking I don't understand, it's always fun to surprise them.
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
that is me!

"Jesus Christ, Indian, think about it yaahhhhh"

"wears long dress - indian"
"wears open toe sandals all the time - Indian"
"works 4 his dad, who's a carpenter - Indian"
"And, And, where else can u feed 5000 people with a few laoves of bread and fish? INDIA"

"Jesus....INDIAN!"

BTW: I have also found lots of asian people to take the mick etc have a laugh, even with white people with things u may see as "awkaward". Its just showing they arent bothered about the "u r white, i am not" thing. Its pretty common.

I often do same!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
the uni is about 95% white, so its hard to have _lots_ of friends of a different race, but everyone gets along.
i hope so.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
yes i know, none of the "i wont dare refer to skin, colour, race etc".

its nice to know you can talk freely without offending.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads