Warsaw, Joy Divsion, New Order and Duruti Column

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
What is the nazi connection with these names? I ask because Joy Divsion were first known as Warsaw, then Joy Division and later New Order.

Also what was the Duruti Coloumn? I am guessing its some anti nazi thing.
00leam2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
What is the nazi connection with these names? I ask because Joy Divsion were first known as Warsaw, then Joy Division and later New Order.

Also what was the Duruti Coloumn? I am guessing its some anti nazi thing.
what this you goin on bout?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by 00leam2)
what this you goin on bout?
You want the full story?

Ok its 1976 a 42 people attend a Sex Pistols Gig at the Manchester Lesser Free Trade Hall. Peter Hook, Ian Curtis, Tony Wilson, Rob Gretton, Mick Hucknal (of simply RED), the band members of 10CC, and a load of other now famous people attended.

A lot of people that were so shocked on how bad it was they decided to form their own band. Hook, Curtis and Sumner decided to form a band called Warsaw. They then changed its name to Joy Division and following the death of Ian Curtis it was changed to New Order. All of these are Nazi names.
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think "Joy Divisions" were the name for the lines of huts in the concentration camps where purile women were forced to prostitute themselves to Nazi officers.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Petrozzi)
I think "Joy Divisions" were the name for the lines of huts in the concentration camps where purile women were forced to prostitute themselves to Nazi officers.
Yes that is correct. I am not sure what New Order or Durruit Coloumn is though.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hitler's New Order
In Adolph Hitler's autobiography, he describes his so-called "New Order," which portrays the ideas that Hitler had about racial and ethnic groups in Europe at the time. Of course, on top of the racial heap are the Nazi Germans or Aryans. The Nazis displayed grudging respect for fellow "Nordics," the Dutch, the Norwegians, and the Danes, who were invited to join the German's as "master races" in the New Order. Next came the French and the Belgians, "mixed" peoples who were rather perplexing to racial theorists. One stage lower ranked the Slavs - the Russians, the Poles, the Yugoslavians, and the Czechs. Finally, in lowest order, came those the Nazis regarded as leeches to society - the Jews and the Gypsies, as well as homosexuals from all racial groups.

Taken from: http://cghs.dade.k12.fl.us/holocaust/new_order.htm

Does that help?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads