Turn on thread page Beta

Actual quote from my maths teacher... watch

ReputationRep:
    <In year 10 or 11>, the top-set students don't say "please": they're too arrogrant. The middle set students say "please", because they're nice kids. The bottom set students say "now, or I'll put your windows out."
    Just thought I'd share that one

ReputationRep:
    I was one of the top set kids and I always said 'Please' and 'Thank-You'...

ReputationRep:
    Me too. But I thought it wouldn't be fair to censor the quote. (Edit: Well, thankyou certainly, maybe not please...)

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I dont recall our class saying please or thanks.

ReputationRep:
    our maths teaher was fat and we broke the chairlegs and then propped it back up. you can imagine the rest. thats what our top set was like

ReputationRep:
    my maths teacher was a pigeon...

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is like everybody on the site in the top-set?I havent read about anybody being in the middle or bottom....I feel so alone.OH WELL!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think TSR does generally have a slightly-higher-than-average clientelle.

ReputationRep:
    When would you ever say thanks in a maths class anyway?

Thanks for giving me all this implicit differentiation to do?

ReputationRep:
    My maths teacher was exceptionally dull, then he left to go to Africa, leaving us with a guy with sausages for fingers...I missed the old guy after that..the new one filmed our lessons....

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the book, thanks for your help, thanks for the extension in homework time, thanks for marking it, etc.

.. so yeah, what glance said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Almighty Noggin)
    Is it me or is like everybody on the site in the top-set?I havent read about anybody being in the middle or bottom....I feel so alone.OH WELL!!!
    Im middle sat yay someone slse . Well i never said thank you or please to my maths teacher because he was utter useless. All he did was made us work from books for 2 years i was ready to just leave by the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    our maths teaher was fat and we broke the chairlegs and then propped it back up. you can imagine the rest. thats what our top set was like
    :eek:
    mean! (:rofl: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    When would you ever say thanks in a maths class anyway?

Thanks for giving me all this implicit differentiation to do?
    Can I get some graph paper please.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    our maths teacher spent half of one lesson with his flies undone looking confused and wondering why we were giggling!

ReputationRep:
    We had a very cool maths teacher, until he got sacked for having an affair with the girl in the year above (year 11) Luckily we did our GCSEs a year early so we'd finished by the time he left. As a top set we were supposed to be getting all A*s and As but only 6 of us managed As an dthe rest Bs and Cs

ReputationRep:
    Our maths teacher said to us the other day 'Its not strictly necessary to do this, but I WILL factorising because I find it enjoyable'.
    Another frequently used one is 'An examiner would love me to take all of your exams because they would be beautiful things for him to mark. However it is against the law, which is a shame, and if it was up to me Id change it, but it is, so please copy things down neatly.' He says it exactly like that EVERY lesson..

ReputationRep:
    But he was a "cool teacher" nonetheless? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Can I get some graph paper please.

Thank you.
    Damn you and your plausible solutions!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the top class, but I was a real geek, so no1 cared what I had to say anyway

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.