Aston vs Bristol vs Manchester Watch

dhokes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
For Accounting and Finance (or Accounting for Management at Aston), out of Aston, Bristol and Manchester, which one would you go to and why? Your pros and cons in employability? course? social? any other factors?

Thanks
Kunster1337
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aston - :-)
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Manchester because it has a very reputable (globally) Business School and employment prospects there are excellent.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nobody else can tell you wheres best for you to go hun =D Visit all the places, find out more about the courses, and pick the one you like the most. They're all pretty good uni's so don't worry about league tables and so on go with where you think you'd be happiest spending the next 3 or 4 years of your life!
Alchemy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aston has very high employability ratio's, (above cambridge 2005) and offers a placement year (which Manchester doesn't afaik) which is an excellent way to experience working life before entering it fully.
dhokes
Rep:
?
(Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
Nobody else can tell you wheres best for you to go hun =D Visit all the places, find out more about the courses, and pick the one you like the most. They're all pretty good uni's so don't worry about league tables and so on go with where you think you'd be happiest spending the next 3 or 4 years of your life!
I know hun, thats wat I'm goin to do. I just wanted an overview on, out of Aston, Bristol and Manchester, which one would people go to and why? I'm waiting for their open days. The pro for manchester is the social side and Old Trafford. Pro for Aston is placement year.
Busta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bristol is easily the best overall university out of them but probably the worst business school.
dhokes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Busta)
Bristol is easily the best overall university out of them but probably the worst business school.
Bristol is actually fourth:
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/attachme...chmentid=12984
Busta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dhokes)
Bristol is actually fourth:
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/attachme...chmentid=12984
That is true for Accounting and Finance. But in terms of the business school to which I was eludicating they are no where to be found- don't even make the top 20.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...628873,00.html
Alchemy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aston top 20 in europe. Only low in UK rankings for business schools due to low requirements grades (in comparison).
RangerDave
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lancaster is 8th in UK and 39th in the world.
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Busta)
That is true for Accounting and Finance. But in terms of the business school to which I was eludicating they are no where to be found- don't even make the top 20.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...628873,00.html
Bristol don't actually have a business school, thats why there not on that list. Their accounting and finance modules are based in the economics, accounting and management department. Out of the three Bristol is easily the best, both as an overall university and in terms of accounting and finance. Also, for employability in the City.
ElWilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
take it from the pro, Aston.
ahs237
Report 12 years ago
Manchester's just been rated 3rd in the UK, 7th in Europe and 22nd worldwide...don't think the others come close quite frankly.
Multiplexed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ahs237)
Manchester's just been rated 3rd in the UK
And where is this exactly? :rolleyes:
max_e_muscle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Multiplexed)
And where is this exactly? :rolleyes:
Thats for MBA rankings. Some people are just clueless. Why would an MBA ranking matter to us undergrads!
nabso
Report 12 years ago
big up manchester and manchester business school

aston is a shithole, don't go there

bristol is boring

manchester? vibrant, things are happening and the business school is classy. big up

i was faced with the same choice last year except it was manchester vs nottingham vs aston, i chose manchester, and having visited the other's where I have friends I know that I've made the right decision. big up
Multiplexed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by nabso)
big up manchester and manchester business school

aston is a shithole, don't go there

bristol is boring

manchester? vibrant, things are happening and the business school is classy. big up

i was faced with the same choice last year except it was manchester vs nottingham vs aston, i chose manchester, and having visited the other's where I have friends I know that I've made the right decision. big up
And this post gives you more reason NOT to go to Manchester.
G_H_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Multiplexed)
And this post gives you more reason NOT to go to Manchester.
:toofunny:
nabso
Report 12 years ago
Your mother!!

says the guy with>1,000 votes on a forum!! get a life mate!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed