hair straighteners Watch

girl afraid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've finally decided to ask for a decent pair of hair straighteners for Xmas. I've never used a pair before, so can any gurlies, or boys (~_^) make some recommendations?

I've been looking at the Babyliss Pro 230, simply because I saw an advert for them last night. Is there anything on the market that is as good but cheaper?

Thanks in advance.
ickle titch
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
GHD GHD GHD....they are pricey...about £100 i think (can't remember) but you will love them for a lifetime..They are puuurfect for everything (straigthening, curling, flicking out etc etc). No kiddin
Happy1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ceramics are the best... in my opinion. They seem to glide easier and pull less hair out if you get it caught,
girl afraid
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by ickle titch)
GHD GHD GHD....they are pricey...about £100 i think (can't remember) but you will love them for a lifetime..They are puuurfect for everything (straigthening, curling, flicking out etc etc). No kiddin
Woooaah! Far too pricey!
Love_Hearts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
remington are preety good - there about £20.they work wonders on my hair, but it does depend on your hair type. mine is naturally straight just gets a bit frizzy now and then
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by girl afraid)
Woooaah! Far too pricey!
Better to spend out on some straighteners that will last you forever then several pairs of rubbish ones :p:

http://www.hqhair.com/code/products....&SectionID=374
Poica
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I use the Remington - £20 and they're pretty good. If you're obsessed with straightening your hair and NEED TO DO IT EVERY DAY OR YOU THINK YOU LOOK UGLY - get GHDs. Otherwise, a cheaper set will do.
icklehc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my sister bought the sleek and curl (i think they are remington) ones the other day. they come with a dvd with tips on how to use them to straighten and curl your hair. slim straighteners are best if you want to be able to experiement with different styles e.g. flicks , curls, waves and she said they work really well.
maz69
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
GHDs are the best, my bro got me them last year for my b'day!

absolutely fab, takes 2 secs to straighten my hair!

i dont think its absolutely essential to have GHDs tho because i used to have remington ones n they work fine too....
SamLizz90
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i own a pair of remington 2x cermaic straigtners but they also have teflon on the plates they are really good and are about 20 - 30 ££££'s so have a look ive had mine for 3 years and they still work perfect!!!!!!!!!
CasterTroy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not a girl, but my friend uses GHD's and the results are very spectacular. Worth the extra money.
AnGeLeYeS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree with the above! GHD's are honestly worth the extra! Ive had mines since Oct, and they are the BEST! Bear in mind that I have the frizziest thickest hair, so to me they are a godsend. I would defo reccomend GHD's. =)
angel_flo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you look on ebay you can pick up GHDs for about £70. So it's worth having a look! I have had mine for 2 years and they are amazing. I have thick, wavy hair and it takes a maximum of 10 minutes to get it poker straight. Also, because they are better quality they hardly cause your hair any damage if used correctly. Honestly they are so worth the money!
Sarah_Kiya
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
T3 Tourmaline Hair Straighteners
Kate85
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
GHD's are a gift from God for me! I have curly, frizzy thick hair and they make it all sleek and smooth, def. worth the money but like someone else said, you can pick them up on ebay for about £70 I think
DartsOfPleasure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, T3's are very good. Again, they are quite pricey but well worth the money
silly_moo_16
Report 13 years ago
if u can afford them get ghd's but remington r just as gud. ive got remington n they work betta on my hair then ghds n they are cheap. x x x
FlutterByKisses
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I bought a Nicky Clarke set a few weeks back consisting of straighters, a hair drier, and curling tongs... only really wanted the tongs and the drier as have straightners already, but they wrk pretty well. Whole set was only something like £30 as in the sale... think it was supposed to be £75ish...
Selina350
Report 13 years ago
I have some Vidal Sassoon straighteners which are really good around 30£ in boots it would be worth getting some in the sales they will be SO much cheaper really....
michellehall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i had my GHDs 6 month before they just stopped working. they didnt break but they just didnt seem to straighten any more. a few friends have also reported this problem too. at the moment i have some fransen ones which arent ceramic but a by far the best straighteners i have ever had (and thats a few) they were £45. i agree remington are good from what friends have said too. i think if your going to go more expensive kodo are quite good and correct me if im wrong but i heard they are a branch of GHD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads