Why do girls get so obsessed with the celebrity world?

Watch this thread
Dr Pressure
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
the celebrity world exists because of the ability of it to manipulate and brainwash girls. when people like Robbert Pattinson or Justin Bieber (i am only giving examples. you may be obsessed with a different celebrity) come out onto the red carpet, you get tonnes of screaming girls, all undoubtedly with posters on their walls and they obsess over them. some camp overnight just to see these people which is sad beyond belief. there is barely a guy in sight.

guys look at celebrities and think 'hey she is fit, i would bang her' or 'hey she looks like good girlfriend material' but nothing more. they get on with their lives and dont care. girls on the other hand go crazy over these people. i bet some of them think they will marry these celebrities in the future. only to realise years later they wasted so much time obsessing over people for no reason.

who agrees with this?
BlueTypeOfLou
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
Oh goody, more generalisations.
Ciaran88
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Girls tend to have larger friendship groups and be more interested in what people are doing in life than guys, celebrity culture can be an extension of that for some.

/theory
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I dunno but it's so meaningless and irrelevant. Personally I have enough **** to worry about in my own life than care about other celebrity things.
loonyplatypus
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Because they're quite often encouraged to do that from a young age, whereas in men it's looked down on :dontknow:
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Because outside the kitchen, and looking after their husbands, there is very little in their pitiful existences for them to do. So, they have to fill in their spare time with some pointless crap, rather than face the crushing fact that they are nothing more than slabs of meat.
Limitless
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Davezk)
I dunno but it's so meaningless and irrelevant. Personally I have enough **** to worry about in my own life than care about other celebrity things.
This.
BlueTypeOfLou
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ciaran88)
Girls tend to have larger friendship groups and be more interested in what people are doing in life than guys, celebrity culture can be an extension of that for some.

/theory
While this is true for some girls it's not the case for everyone, personally I have a big group of friends and almost all of them are female and not one of us is interested in celebrity culture.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Why do blokes get so obsessed with the football world?
Milky Milk
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Why do trolls get so obsessed with generalising?
Dr Pressure
Rep:
exactly. you are like me and 99.9% of guys i know. the only time i know guys to talk about celebrity stuff is if its on the news when they happen to be watching tv (even then its a passing comment) or if they want a topic to speak about to girls without appearing like they have nothing to talk about/are socially inept.
Limitless
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Harry.C)
Because outside the kitchen, and looking after their husbands, there is very little in their pitiful existences for them to do. So, they have to fill in their spare time with some pointless crap, rather than face the crushing fact that they are nothing more than slabs of meat.
Yeah, maybe to ***** like you but to most guys girls are pretty well respected.
o Rebecca o
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Some girls can be but some aren't.

Same goes for men...

Oh! I'm sorry Dr Pressure, am I not allowed to give a valid opinion on your pointless threads?

I hope I didn't read into your post too much :cry2:
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Spose my point has been checkmated.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Spose my point has been checkmated.
Lol, sorry dude! :p:
Dr Pressure
Rep:
the only argument girls can give is some girls do, some girls dont.

i know that you stupid little girls. tell me the reason why the girls who do get obsessed (which is most girls), get obsessed. why do they get obsessed? what are their reasons?
Limitless
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Because football is an AMAZING sport.
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Because Girls Just Wanna Have Fun :sexface:

username677182
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Even when I was little, I've never had the whole celebrity crush thing, and I was never obsessed over a particular boy or girl band.
So not all girls are like that.
But to be fair, Shane Richie... :coma:
morematterlessartx
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
What you have described is not gender specific, people in general can get quite obsessive about many things that are fairly abstract from their own lives (football anyone?).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads