Turn on thread page Beta

I can't sleep! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Try taking a hot bath then cozying in bed with copious amounts of wine and some soothing music, or if you find that just makes your mind race then stick on a dvd that you've watched a few times before instead of the music. Sleep well!

ReputationRep:
    I often find that if I'm trying to get to sleep, ie thinking about sleep, I can't. The best way is to create a diversion for your mind...make it concentrate on a book, then it will realise "**** yeah Im actually really tireD" and it will shut down naturally!

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem a few months back. i would just lie awake in bed at night and couldnt knock off till the early hours of the morning. its usually due to either not doing enough during the day, too much stuff on your mind or a combination of both. the best thing you can do is get some hard exercise done each day to totally knacker yourself and then when its time to sleep you will just drift away.

dont drink alcohol before going to bed like some people have recommended as it disrupts sleeping patterns and disturbs your sleep so it would have a detrimental effect on your sleep. its a very bad idea. also avoid caffeine, nicotine or eating a big meal in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have major trouble sleeping and tried all sorts of things. But ive found something that works for me, a calcium and magnesium (combined) tablet about half an hour before bed. Try it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate-Chip)
    Over the last few weeks I seem to have developed an inability to sleep. I literally cannot turn my brain off until around 6am, at which time I drift off only to wake up a few hours later and complete a whole day of lectures. It's driving me insane. I'm find myself bored and lonely and end up trawling the internet in the early hours of the morning, having an inane conversation with a twit in Alabama about the Uk is going to be struck by some horrible disaster because we've just legalised gay marriage :rolleyes:

Any tips on how to get a good night's sleep? I don't find myself feeling that tired but I feel like I ought to be able to get a decent night's rest because sooner or later it's going to catch up with me. Is there anyway I can trick my mind into shutting down. It sounds slightly dumb but I just can't stop thinking!
    I use Boot's own brand sleeping tablets when I go through these phases (they're similar to Nytol but cheaper!). They're very good.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.