The Student Room Group

Best universities for Actuarial Science??

a ranking system would be awesome..of course..

much love and thank yous....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
kingston is pretty good
Reply 2
Original post by wasteman
kingston is pretty good

thanks man...

also a message to all, include unis outside of england as well if you knew any good ones...thanks all...
Reply 3
but cass is the best
Reply 4
you mean the business school in london??..
Reply 5
In no particular order:
LSE
Cass Business School
Heriot Watt
East Anglia
Warwick (the course is called MORSE but gives you exemptions from Actuarial Exams)
Dublin City
Kent
Leicester
University College Dublin
Queens Belfast
Southampton
Manchester
Leeds

I applied to LSE, Cass, Queens Belfast and Heriot Watt. I made LSE my firm choice so grades permitting I'll be going there in September. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer.
Reply 6
Original post by seans443
In no particular order:
LSE
Cass Business School
Heriot Watt
East Anglia
Warwick (the course is called MORSE but gives you exemptions from Actuarial Exams)
Dublin City
Kent
Leicester
University College Dublin
Queens Belfast
Southampton
Manchester
Leeds

I applied to LSE, Cass, Queens Belfast and Heriot Watt. I made LSE my firm choice so grades permitting I'll be going there in September. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

hello m8 im quite interested in doing a art sci degree in uni too but i just wonder hows ur as grade and ur predicted grade from ur teacher?umm im now doing physics chemistry maths n biology.i will definitely drop out biology in a2 because i did reli bad this year.i guess im gonna get AABE for my predicted grade(A in maths n phys n B IN chem) ummm do u think its possible for me to get in any art sci degree or get a offer from LSE? im no doubt tht i will get AAAC in my june exam!
give me some comments... thx for helping :smile:
Reply 7
LSE is the best for actuarial sci imo.
Original post by DR_X

a ranking system would be awesome..of course..

much love and thank yous....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cass Business school is the best in my opinion, just because your getting lectures first hand from people who have worked in the sector, and there connections are ridiculously good.
Reply 9
Original post by kurmac
hello m8 im quite interested in doing a art sci degree in uni too but i just wonder hows ur as grade and ur predicted grade from ur teacher?umm im now doing physics chemistry maths n biology.i will definitely drop out biology in a2 because i did reli bad this year.i guess im gonna get AABE for my predicted grade(A in maths n phys n B IN chem) ummm do u think its possible for me to get in any art sci degree or get a offer from LSE? im no doubt tht i will get AAAC in my june exam!
give me some comments... thx for helping :smile:

I got AAAA at AS in Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Physics. I'm doing all 4 for A2 and I think I was predicted A*AAA, can't remember exactly though (the A* being in Maths.) I'd say you're definitely in with a shout of getting an offer. You could always repeat a Biology Module to try and bring yourself up a grade or two. If you drop your Biology perhaps you would have time to do an extra AS level next year? Doing Further Maths even to AS Level would really strengthen your application, as it says on the LSE website that it is "highly desireable." It's still possible to get an offer for Actuarial Science at any university without doing Further Maths (I'm an example of that) but it would definitely help to do it. What are your GCSE grades like? If they're good that could make up for the lower grade in Biology.
I would like to study actuarial science in the university.However,I'm not sure which university is the best to go.I got an offer from both LSE and City.I need to choose a firm one and a insurance one next week.Can someone give me a advice???
is that cass better than lse?is there any evidence to support your claim?but the reputation in lse is better than cass.
I think Cass Business School is the best University for studying Actuarial Science . Because of the entry requirement is A*AA . LSE is the second high requirement : AAA.
Reply 13
I've applied to Actuarial Science this year with AAAA at AS in Chem Bio Physics and Maths. Predicted A*A*A. GCSEs were 8A* 2A. Still waiting on LSE response. Was wondering if anyone knows of someone who studies Actuarial Science at LSE who didn't do Further Maths for A Level? Website says it is highly desirable so worried I might miss out...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending