as-level grade predictions Watch

c.h.r.i.s.s.y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i just got my predictions today i was just wondering how everyone else did ?
.Laura. <3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
2 A's, 3B's .. though the mind boggles how accurate predictions can be made so soon.

--------------

How did you do btw?
sierraleone
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Predicted grades are rarely totally accurate. But they'll play a part in your uni application, so do your best this year.

We had some right rubbish way of predicting grades with the ALIS system which did it based on GCSE grades. We all ignored it and pretty much everyone did better than what they were predicted.
SUSHI BOY
Report 13 years ago
I've only been predicted a grade for Biology, which is a B... Not too fussed about it really as they've based it on alis performance and GCSE.
~Bex~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
4 As and a A/B
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We don't get them...
Purple
Report 13 years ago
BBBB, but thats just because of our GCSE results, I got an A (100%) in a Psychology mock so they are hardly accurate.
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I only know 4, which are AAAA. Eng Lit is the one I haven't been told about, and I don't feel I'm doing so well in that, so I don't know..
Enfalas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got 7 As and an A/B but thats cos we get one from each teacher (we have two per subject) as a "projected" grade... Don't know what they do to figure it out...

I'm NOT doing 8 A-levels just to make that clear...
Piggy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
got AAAAAA and B/C for critical thinking... hate the stupid subject! Predictions, that is not actual grades!
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Predictions at this point are inaccurate and useless. AS students havent even sat any exams yet. My prediction in physics is too high-- an A. I honestly dont think I will get that.
deutschsweetie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
4AS and im going to work my damned hardest to get them
swirl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, you all have such great predictions! From what I've seen on TSR so far, 99.9% of the members seem to be geniuses.

I'm getting my predictions this Thursday...
though the mind boggles how accurate predictions can be made so soon.
Same here.
c.h.r.i.s.s.y
Rep:
?
hey so im finding it a little hard to value the gardes at as level i mean like what is an A equivalent to at GCSE or an As level b and C what are they equivalent to?
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, I know that my Biology predictions were made partly by using GCSE grades like so:

A* at GCSE = A at A level
A at GCSE = B at A Level etc.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We didn't get predicted grades for AS, which seemed sensible to me because I don't see how teachers can be expected to accurately predict grades after only a term! We got target grades at the beginning of Year 12 based on GCSE grades and mine were A A/B BB. I actually got AABB, so on the face of it they were pretty accurate, but the subjects were a bit screwed up. My target grade for history was a B and that's what I got, but English lit was an A and I got a B, sociology was A/B and I got an A and French was a B and I got an A. At A-level we have predicted grades for UCAS based on AS grades, which in theory should be pretty accurate, but mine are AAAA and at the moment I seriously doubt I'll actually get that :p:
c.h.r.i.s.s.y
Rep:
?
so a c at alevel is a B but why is it sooo bad to have when going to a university
Purple
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by c.h.r.i.s.s.y)
so a c at alevel is a B but why is it sooo bad to have when going to a university
What?
Icy Ghost
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For the subjects I'm doing at school, AAA... I so hope it is right.. probably won't be though, lol.
sexybrowneyes88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
AAAA predictions for AS- based on MTG but also personally from teachers. I just hope my hard work pays off and i get them; doin mocks at the mo- not good
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?