How long would it take to receive a passport with check and send service?

Watch
Mrawesome1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I lost my passport and am now applying to get a new one sent through. How long would it take with the check & send service at the post office? I'd need it within 2 weeks?
Kenny_uk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mrawesome1)
I lost my passport and am now applying to get a new one sent through. How long would it take with the check & send service at the post office? I'd need it within 2 weeks?
I think the estimate is a week, it says somewhere on their website though
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure check and send doesn't speed up your application at all. They literally just check it for you to make sure you've filled in the right bits and then send it in. If you know how to fill out the form, you can just cut them out and save yourself the fee.

A guideline for passport applications is definitely not a week - it's up to 6. It may be a lot quicker for a simple renewal, but if you need it in 2 weeks I'd go for the 1 week express option. You can find out about it on the official website.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...port/DG_174097

As you've lost it, there may be some complications though. I have no experience with how long they take, but they have to be completely satisfied that it is actually lost and unrecoverable - not that you've just sold it to some for ID fraud purposes etc.
Olibert
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I renewed my passport from a kids one to an adult one. Sent it off on the 30th April and received it on the 9th May.
Azkabanana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can i have some help. I sent my passport through check and send so they recievce it wednesday 28th but i have to go on the 8th of june. Is there any way i could speed it up?
chelsey92uk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
did you ever get your passport if so how many days did it take has ive just sent my childs off n need it for 8th july?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (169)
14.68%
I'm not sure (53)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (338)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (557)
48.39%

Watched Threads