Watch
This discussion is closed.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Ah, I see. I can't believe the amount of rep some people have got on here though!
I know, and they never give it back out :mad:
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
As much as I love Johnny Depp, I think Bill Murray is going to win it, since he's old and entertainment types like movies about other entertainment types. For supporting actor, Tim Robbins, since he was really good in mystic river.

(Original post by zizero)
How come Benicio del Toro (21 Grams) is nominated for "best actor" at the BAFTAs and as "best supporting actor" at the Academy Awards? Do they have different criteria?
For the Academy Awards, it depends on which categories they try and get the actors into. Like on the video boxes, there's a part that says "for your consideration" and lists the different people and the categories they want them to be nominated in. It also depends of what category they think they have a better chance in.
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think it will be Bill Murray, but it could be Sean Penn for Mystic River. In the best supporting actor category I think it will be Tim Robbins or Albert Finney.
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't think it is going to be Albert Finney because Big Fish hasn't done very well as far as getting nominated in other categories or getting critical praise. Mystic River was good, and all the performances were great.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads