Positive correlation?

Discuss.

Love BlueAngel xxx
qwerty_st/n
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'd say so. happier people live longer too.
i looked after a 101 year old lady once, you wouldnt have thought she were anything over 70, she was so full of life, there was this other old dear, also 101 and you could tell, all she wanted to do was die, she was pretty miserable....the difference between the two of them was that the first 101yr old had a really good social life, got involved in stuff, and had a great support network of family and friends. the other one didnt.
hence social life=happiness=longevity.
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not necessarily. Sure in most cases, those with a great social life are genreally happy. However, I now people who really do have little social life, simply becasue they prefer their own company, and they seem happy to me.

Though, just to contradict myself, like the previous person says, my god-aunt is 90 odd and goes on crusies all the time! Such a flirt as well, with her toy-boys!
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Definitely a +ve correlation. I know I'm always at my happiest when I'm with my friends, or have several things lined up to do with friends etc.

When I don't have anything organised or nobody seems to be around, thats when I tend to get a bit down.
El Zofran
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
id say initially it is a +ve gradient, but then i think it would stabilise and eventuly begin to fall when you reach the point when you cant remember where you live
Objet trouvé
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes. I would be miserable without all my friends.
comadeep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Objet trouvé)
Yes. I would be miserable without all my friends.
i believe you,i have no friends and im miserable and i talk to myself
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by comadeep)
i believe you,i have no friends and im miserable and i talk to myself
do you really talk to yourself? aww hun :hugs:
comadeep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when you have no friends you can end up going a little insane so yeah,i talk to myself,it can be fun,other times its hell on earth,dont feel sorry for me,i dont like people
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
when you have no friends you can end up going a little insane so yeah,i talk to myself,it can be fun,other times its hell on earth,dont feel sorry for me,i dont like people
y dont u like people?
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Zofran)
id say initially it is a +ve gradient, but then i think it would stabilise and eventuly begin to fall when you reach the point when you cant remember where you live
Why is that necessary? Having friends over for pizza and a film still counts as a social life.
comadeep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
y dont u like people?
because they dont like me
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
do you really talk to yourself? aww hun :hugs:
I talk to myself. I'm not lonely, I'm not miserable, and I have loads of friends and people to talk to. I do it because I'm mad as a hatter.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
because they dont like me
I like you, so far.

--------------

(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
I talk to myself. I'm not lonely, I'm not miserable, and I have loads of friends and people to talk to. I do it because I'm mad as a hatter.
Cool :cool: everyone is mad to some extent.
Higgy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I find i do get miserable if im not out with my mates, although having said that i do enjoy my own company from time to time
comadeep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i enjoyed my own company so much that i got bored and sick, hey blueangel,you seem ok,but you dont know me so youre not gonna change my mind,no offense
bred
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, I think it depends on the individual.
Attached files
Twaffy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love going out with my friends it does make me happy, but even when I'm not with them I'm talking to them on msn or on the phone. Saying that I do like to be on my own sometimes for a bit of peace and yoga
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the more people you have in your socail life the happier you will be

simple i have none at the moment all my mates are idiots and wanted me beucase i was minted a few months ago

now i have none im miserable maybe im dependant and needy but when i had loads of mates i was most certainly happier

popularity contest!!!

i hate being on my own id rather be in the company of others!!

i can quite positivley say i have cried sometimes by myself!!
sad really but hey theres always myself!!
comadeep
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Laursy)
the more people you have in your socail life the happier you will be

simple i have none at the moment all my mates are idiots and wanted me beucase i was minted a few months ago

now i have none im miserable maybe im dependant and needy but when i had loads of mates i was most certainly happier

popularity contest!!!

i hate being on my own id rather be in the company of others!!

i can quite positivley say i have cried sometimes by myself!!
sad really but hey theres always myself!!
hey sorry to hear about,i know very very well what its like to be used and backstabbed.its hard getting used to it but eventually you will.hope you manage to cope ok
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (193)
18.68%
No (626)
60.6%
Not really bothered about them (214)
20.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed