Doctor Who - Episode 4 - The Doctor's Wife - 14/5/2011 - NO FUTURE SPOILERS Watch

Poll: What did you think of The Doctor's Wife?
Excellent (99)
68.75%
Good (28)
19.44%
Poor (11)
7.64%
Awful (6)
4.17%
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
:tardis: Doctor Who: The Doctor's Wife :tardis:
Saturday 14th May 2011, 18:30 on BBC One/BBC One HD

Synopsis (contains light spoilers)
The Doctor receives a distress signal from an old friend. Could there really be another living Time Lord out there? Hopes raised, he follows the signal to a junkyard planet sitting upon a mysterious asteroid in a Bubble universe, populated by a very strange family, as the time-travelling drama continues.

The Doctor, Amy and Rory are given the warmest of welcomes by Auntie, Uncle and Nephew. But the beautiful and insane Idris greets them in a more unusual fashion – what is she trying to tell the Doctor? As the Doctor investigates, he unwittingly puts his friends in the gravest danger.

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Amy by Karen Gillan, Rory by Arthur Darvill and Idris by Suranne Jones.

DWM's In a nutshell (contains light spoilers)
The TARDIS, drawn off course by the most unlikely distress signal, materialises outside of time and space itself. In this bubble universe, the Doctor meets Idris and her Aunt and Uncle, who live together in a scrapyard of impossible things. Idris, it seems, is mad - and when the Doctor finds out why she is the way she is, things start to get a bit complicated. And unmentionable...

Quote, Unquote (contains light spoilers)

The Doctor: Time Lord emergency messaging system. Like a flare pistol. In an emergency, we'd wrap up our thoughts in psychic containers and send them through time and space. OK, not like a flare pistol. Anyway, there's a living Time Lord still out there! And it's one of the good ones!

Rory: You said there weren't any other Time Lords left.

The Doctor: There aren't. No Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn't where were going...

Next Time trailer

Preview Clip One

Preview Clip Two

An introduction to The Doctor's Wife

Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am insanely excited for this episode!
Teao the Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Now you're just got me over-excited! I was thinking 'no need to start getting excited yet, ages to go, not like the thread for it is even up..' then the thread went up, and I got excited! Okay, that was an idiotic sentence: roll on tomorrow night!
Greg1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
looks so good, and i cant help but go aww when he gets mail as he just seems so happy!
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Greg1989)
looks so good, and i cant help but go aww when he gets mail as he just seems so happy!
It is very cute... well, I supose he can't get letters from home that often! :p: Just repair bills for the Tardis...
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Teao the Cat)
It is very cute... well, I supose he can't get letters from home that often! :p: Just repair bills for the Tardis...
which judging by the chameleon circuit he never bothers to pay
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Greg1989)
which judging by the chameleon circuit he never bothers to pay
Yup! that's the real reason he never stays in one place, the pesky debt collectors just keep catching him up... and now no respectable tardis-repair shop will so much as look at it!

I'm getting quite silly now. I apologise....
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Should be a good episode
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So excited for this! :coma:
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yay! Been looking forward to this ever since I heard the legendary Neil Gaiman was writing an episode for Doctor Who. And could the title be any more interesting? I doubt it! So, so excited for this. My Doctor Who levels are low, haven't seen it in a week because I've been pretending to revise, but this should sort out my withdrawal symptoms all right.
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
House is after the TARDIS :ahee:

Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Teao the Cat)
Yup! that's the real reason he never stays in one place, the pesky debt collectors just keep catching him up... and now no respectable tardis-repair shop will so much as look at it!

I'm getting quite silly now. I apologise....
I like silly, silly's cool lol
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just realised that I won't be able to watch this til either late on Saturday, or Sunday! No one had better spoil it for me on fb/twitter!
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
See's the name of episode... Is excited...
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not gonna be able to watch it till tomorrow *cries* stupid eurovision party being a half hour walk away!
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I'm not gonna be able to watch it till tomorrow *cries* stupid eurovision party being a half hour walk away!
At least I'm not the only one missing it for one of these!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
At least I'm not the only one missing it for one of these!
Ooo just realised eurovision starts at 8, not 7:30 as facebook event says :ahee:

Cinderella shall go to the ball!
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Ooo just realised eurovision starts at 8, not 7:30 as facebook event says :ahee:

Cinderella shall go to the ball!
Not sure when this party starts, so I may still miss it. Might stay up late tonight to watch it before I go to bed...
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
Not sure when this party starts, so I may still miss it. Might stay up late tonight to watch it before I go to bed...
Definitely a plan! Doctor Who > Sleep (just as well, as the nightmares it causes... :afraid:)
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not going to be able to watch it at its time :cry:

EDIT: Won't it be terrible if it's a really **** episode :ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
32.59%
The paper was reasonable (309)
48.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.39%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.12%

Watched Threads