Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Talking To a teacher about personal issues Watch

What do you all think about talking to teachers about personal stuff. I suffer from periodic depression and have a had a difficult last few days. I don't want to talk to my parents about it and my friends can't really understand. My recent attitude has been picked up by a close teacher and since I can't see my therapist for a few more weeks but I really want to talk to someone. I feel it may help but is this unfair pressure to put on a teacher

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the teacher. Personally i've never had a teacher I would tell stuff, as I think they do have a duty to pass the information on if they think they should.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to TSR instead xD

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried talking to a school/college councilor?

I'd rather it be someone who knows me personally

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you talk to a teacher who deals with students problems? You may not be close to him/her but they are paid to help students, plus they may know more.

Putting your problems on a teacher could be burdening them, dependant on the teacher. If I were a teacher, I personally wouldn't mind, but I'd refer you anyway to someone who knows more on how to help.

I'm considering the same thing if it helps-pushing more towards for

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.