Turn on thread page Beta

The Last Routemaster watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :'(

ReputationRep:
    I love those types of buses!

Have you seen, in the mummy returns where they have a big fight and destroy it?

I mourned for that bus.

ReputationRep:
    No, I've only seen the first one.

Routemasters are the best. Running and leaping onto a bus that's driving away suprisingly fast, for London. The pull chain bells. The conductors were cool too. I once got a bus with the singing conductor that was on BBC London News, or LDN as it was inexplicably called back then. Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    Who's that in your new avatar?
    How did Dylan get usurped?

ReputationRep:
    The lovely Emma Peel, aka Diana Rigg.

Dylan was usurped because The Avengers was COOL.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love the avengers!

I don't remember exactly what went on in it any more though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think much that made sense happened.

They're showing it on BBC 4 now

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to miss them too!

Although, i can't actually remeber if i've been on one, aaah *bad memory*!

they look so cool, I HATE BENDY BUSES!

azs*

ReputationRep:
    Well, bendy buses do pretty much mean a free ride (note:TSR does not endorse stealing transport)...

But I always have a bus pass anyway. And Routemasters are just dang cool.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is they had no disabled access. I think all their engines have been replaced with modern Gardner units but their ride was terrible. I did like riding on the routemasters

Now London just seems to have Dennis Tredents and Wright bendy buses based on Volvo chasis.

Just about every city in the UK have these buses and its boring as hell. Especialy as Stagecoach, Ariva and Firstbus seem to operate in every UK city

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, certainly not keeping up with Disibility Access law type things, but just darned cool.

At least bendy buses don't catch fire every three minutes anymore.

I'd count that as a positive for them.

ReputationRep:
    All the buses in South Manchester are being replaced by these now

I hate them, they are fast and have great suspensions, but there is no leg room and very few seats downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    London bus routes are operated by loads of different companies. It's still all central to TfL, so it's not like in other cities where the companies fight for your custom, but it does mean that the new buses eing rolled out are all very different.

Well, they're all red, but still.

ReputationRep:
    Where I live its mainly Stagecoach so its all the same buses, although there are so many different companies it is interesting. Manchester needs somthing like Transport for London it works so much better than the unregulated system he have here.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Greater Manchester is chuffing huge, it could really do with a streamlined public transport service.

The Stagecoach routes in my area use those buses that you posted a picture of.

Just red.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love those buses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Wierd, I couldn't imagine getting out of the bus through the same door that you go into anymore. Must have been in London too long.

I heard on the news earlier that some sad bus-spotting freaks were fighting to get onto the last Routemaster bus. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, yeah, the stagecoach buses round here are like that, but red AND with two sets of doors. Clarification, that.
    My ex is from suffolk, I got the bus with him once and he was waiting patiently to get off at the front doors. Bless him.

I'd have liked to have got the last journey. They cleaned the bus up and everything

ReputationRep:
    I understood that are still running on the 13 service as a heritage route anyway so I don't really understand that.

GMPTE Selnec tried running twin door Leyland Atlantians in the late 60's and early 70's but they were not popular due to the missing seats. They were phased out in the early 80's. Our bendy buses do have two doors though.

Its funny Stagecoach love double deckers and First love bendybuses regardless of the city.

London loved them routemasters, they were last open backed buses ever to made anywhere. The rest of the world had moved to Leyland Altantions

The routmasters had charector and that is somthing that modern buses lack.

ReputationRep:
    Our bendy buses have three

Guernsey still run Routemasters regularly.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.