The Student Room Group

A2 Philosophy (AQA) 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Net Casualty
Don't worry, the argument is essentially the same. It's just a semantic difference, really. Descartes' is a reformulation of Anselm's.
The only real difference is some of the background assumptions (innate ideas, clear and distinct ideas) which are evaluative points.
As long as you got the point across that God's nature as the supremely perfect being necessitates his existence, as existence is a perfection, you'll probably be fine.

You'll only be screwed if you actually wrote about Anselm!

Haha no, I didn't literally write about Anselm. It was more about how God is perfect, and Descartes thinks non-existence is an imperfection. I'm a bit annoyed though, 'cause I don't think I actually wrote the word "necessarily", and that was probably on the mark scheme. And I forgot all the examples of you can't have a mountain without a valley etc. Still, hopefully the second question made up for it.
Reply 561
Original post by Niwdog
Well, Political will be between "Assess the libertarian view on redistribution" and "Too much freedom is a bad thing. Assess how the limits that the government should put on individual liberty" =) u'r welcome.

best advice i've ever had, thanks :tongue:
Reply 562
Original post by dancinginrainbows
I'm doing Political Philosophy and Philosophy of Religion for Phil 3 and Nietzsche for Phil 4. I'm really hoping for an A*.

Hey I was wondering if you had any Political Philosophy or Nietzsche resources that you are willing to share :smile:
Please, desperate for some practical/applied ethics notes. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending