The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Atalanta
No. Poland has much little homosexuals! Polish are growing up in the church and we know it is very wrong so we don't do it.

Clearly the point made by several people is not getting through: just because there aren't many openly homosexual people does not mean that they don't exist. I come from the Czech Republic, which is not a particularly religious country, but it was the same thing under the communists. Homosexuality was against the general policy, so homosexuals hid their sexuality and pretended to be just like everybody else. Only since the Velvet Revolution have they felt more able to be open about who they really are. This does not mean that there are suddenly more gays - it just means that they no longer feel the need to hide quite so much (although prejudice still exists, it's less so than before).

Atalanta
England should be being white like Poland but in England you have much asians (I forget the word I think that is right?), much more than Poland are having. To be in the truth they are makeing me uncomfortable when in England because of so much of them.

If I were you, I would seriously reconsider coming to this country. Who knows what other aberrations you might encounter apart from Asians and homosexuals? Have you ever come across a transsexual? We have them here, you know... :wink:
Reply 181
Apagg
Why not?

The enormous physical damage and diseases that result from anal sex offers some clues.
Reply 182
Apagg
There is no reason to want to go to Hell. The only reason for that would be some sort of mental illness, in which case they can't be held accountable in the eyes of God, or so I would hope.
Please realise that the Bible and the encyclicals of the Pope are not written by God. They are written by self proclaimed messengers of God. You can not know which ones, if any, truly speak with God's authorisation. Try to think beyond the confines of religious dictat - exercise your free will, don't just do things because the Church tells you to, or not to, do them because you want to.

Maybe it is mental illness then? I am not knowing their reasons because I am not homosexual.

I know that but the people who were writing it did so with God's telling them.

I do think beyond the church, we are gived free-thinking by God so we can see outside the church. And in my thinking homosexuality is very much wrong. But in some persons thinking it is not so they are homosexual.

juueru_chou
But you just said you can't be good and it is Jesus who makes you good. What is the point of trying to be good if it is unattainable by yourself?

I said that Jesus was needed to show us how we are to be good.
Reply 183
Howard
Not true. Homosexuals are as welcome in the Church as any other sinner, including, adulterers, thiefs, boozers, gamblers, prostitutes, blasphemers, and common all garden people like me who struggle to keep more than half the 10 commandments for more than half an hour at a time.

Sure, there are a few fringe non-mainstream independent churches that do single out homosexuals but that certainly isn't reflective of mainstream Christianity.

Isn't the new pope getting a bit more stringent though? Or is that just in general? I'm afraid I don't really follow the Church's activities that much, it tends to make me angry

--------------

Atalanta
Maybe it is mental illness then? I am not knowing their reasons because I am not homosexual.

I know that but the people who were writing it did so with God's telling them.

I do think beyond the church, we are gived free-thinking by God so we can see outside the church. And in my thinking homosexuality is very much wrong. But in some persons thinking it is not so they are homosexual.

yes, but all your reasoning so far for thinking it's wrong seems to be based on the Church's teachings.
Reply 184
Apagg
Isn't the new pope getting a bit more stringent though? Or is that just in general? I'm afraid I don't really follow the Church's activities that much, it tends to make me angry

No. He's maintaining the satus quo regarding not ordaining homosexual priests.
Reply 185
Apagg

yes, but all your reasoning so far for thinking it's wrong seems to be based on the Church's teachings.

What's wrong with that? People base their opinions on all sorts of things.
BaconBum or whatever you're called....I didn't actually neg you! So someone else must have. You were worth 0 by the way.
Reply 187
Manatee
Clearly the point made by several people is not getting through: just because there aren't many openly homosexual people does not mean that they don't exist. I come from the Czech Republic, which is not a particularly religious country, but it was the same thing under the communists. Homosexuality was against the general policy, so homosexuals hid their sexuality and pretended to be just like everybody else. Only since the Velvet Revolution have they felt more able to be open about who they really are. This does not mean that there are suddenly more gays - it just means that they no longer feel the need to hide quite so much (although prejudice still exists, it's less so than before).

No, because Poland is different to England. that can be what happens in England but not in Poland because we can tell it's wrong. They do not hide here they are just not here.

Why can you not understand this?
Reply 188
Howard
The enormous physical damage and diseases that result from anal sex offers some clues.

Diseases can spread through heterosexual sex too. I think that AIDs is more common amongst heterosexuals even.
There are also plenty of things for which the same could be said. Arguably God doesn't want us to fly either, since that was such a risky business to begin with, but it didn't stop anyone.
If everything with a risk is frowned upon by God, we shouldn't even be living.
Reply 189
Atalanta
No, because Poland is different to England. that can be what happens in England but not in Poland because we can tell it's wrong. They do not hide here they are just not here.

Yeah England today is the result of 60 years of social engineering, Britain used to be a country to be proud of and we were the envy of the world, now we are a joke.
Reply 190
Howard
What's wrong with that? People base their opinions on all sorts of things.

I was hoping they'd be able to think beyond the Church's teachings, which they won't if all they reason with are Church teachings
Reply 191
Apagg
Diseases can spread through heterosexual sex too. I think that AIDs is more common amongst heterosexuals even.
There are also plenty of things for which the same could be said. Arguably God doesn't want us to fly either, since that was such a risky business to begin with, but it didn't stop anyone.
If everything with a risk is frowned upon by God, we shouldn't even be living.

No im think he's hppy with us living, he made it happen.
Reply 192
BaconBoy
Yeah England today is the result of 60 years of social engineering, Britain used to be a country to be proud of, and we were the envy of the world, now we are a joke.

Social tolerance > Imperialist oppression

--------------

BaconBoy
No im think he's hppy with us living, he made it happen.

He also creates homosexuals.
Reply 193
Atalanta

Because gays don't just decide to be gay. It's part of their biological make-up and hence present in all societies. Whether homosexuality is practised openly is a completely different matter. Do you really think that a homosexual living in Poland, faced with your sort of homophobic attitude, is really going to come out and proclaim himself to be gay? He'd be stupid to - he would, much more likely, simply get on with it in private or try and repress it altogether.
Reply 194
BaconBoy
Yeah England today is the result of 60 years of social engineering, Britain used to be a country to be proud of and we were the envy of the world, now we are a joke.

And you think a unilateralist BNP will be any better? Britain exists on good favour and will, we need countries to like us. Britain is no longer a hyper-power, countries don't NEED to trade nor have relations with us.
Reply 195
Apagg

He also creates homosexuals.

No they were the result of their own free will, it clearly in every major religion that it's a sin. If they are not a creation of there own free will then they could be a creation of satan.
Atalanta

classic denial. You see that there are very few openly gay Poles and you attribute that to the fact there are very few gay people.

Let me give you a scenario:

There is this country, let us call it X. Now in X, Christianity is persecuted strongly so there are only a very few openly Christian people. Now, would you say that the only Christians in X are these who are open about it, or would you say that there would also be Christians that practiced in secret as well?
Reply 197
Manatee
Because gays don't just decide to be gay. It's part of their biological make-up and hence present in all societies. Whether homosexuality is practised openly is a completely different matter. Do you really think that a homosexual living in Poland, faced with your sort of homophobic attitude, is really going to come out and proclaim himself to be gay? He'd be stupid to - he would, much more likely, simply get on with it in private or try and repress it altogether.

No that is what you think but in Poland we think different to that. You think they are born into being homosexual but I think that it is his choosing.
Reply 198
juueru_chou
classic denial. You see that there are very few openly gay Poles and you attribute that to the fact there are very few gay people.

Let me give you a scenario:

There is this country, let us call it X. Now in X, Christianity is persecuted strongly so there are only a very few openly Christian people. Now, would you say that the only Christians in X are these who are open about it, or would you say that there would also be Christians that practiced in secret as well?

But why should we assume that homosexuality is distributed equally in all countries? If 1% or 10% (or whatever %) of Brits is homosexual why should that mean that we should find the exact same % in Guatemala, Poland, China, or Brazil?

Perhaps there actually are less homosexuals in Poland.
Atalanta
No that is what you think but in Poland we think different to that. You think they are born into being homosexual but I think that it is his choosing.

You THINK, but you'll never know unless you're gay.

This is one thing that really ****s me off about some people - they say 'oh theres no such thing as bisexuality' or 'it's all a choice' but how can you know unless you're in that position yourself. I dislike that level of arrogance and blatant unfounded assumptions.

Latest

Trending

Trending