Are there more homosexuals nowadays than there should be? Watch

Byronic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
17 pages on a thread about homosexuality! Who gives a ****? If people learned to keep themselves to themselves, half of the problems we face in society would be non-existent.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
I have just been given 5 points for being "homophobic" :mad:
Byronic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BaconBoy)
I have just been given 5 points for being "homophobic" :mad:
Well are you?
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
What makes you so special that you expect to go through life without being offended? Get over it pal.
With all due respect Howard, this issue doesn't really affect you in the slightest, whereas you are directly questioning his sexuality.

You're the one poking around other peoples business, behaving like some moral busybody. Mind your own business and i'm sure he will 'get over it'.
This very thread was created by someone who wants to 'curtail' homosexuality.

You've got to appreciate that 'get over it' doesn't really look too good coming from you, the anti-gay obsessive of TSR!
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jacques Derrida)
Well are you?
Yeah, but I didn't expect to get given warning points!!
gideon2000uk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What makes you so special that you expect to go through life without being offended? Get over it pal.
I don't. I just think in your posts you are not reflecting yourself in a very good light and offending people is not really a desirable characteristic. Especially when your comments add very little, if anything ot the debate.
TKR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
17 pages on a thread about homosexuality! Who gives a ****? If people learned to keep themselves to themselves, half of the problems we face in society would be non-existent.
Clearly a large number of people, to name but a few - the catholic church, the BNP, the leaders of various countries where they've taken the trouble to make the practice illegal - especially the c. 10 states in which homosexuality is liable to earn you the death penalty, and probably the thread starter... The list goes on
Byronic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, but I didn't expect to get given warning points!!
You should think yourself lucky that the BNP is allowed to be so vocal on this forum. This isn't a Christian fundamentalist or Stormfrontesque website. This is a student forum, I even question whether half of you are actually students.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
You should think yourself lucky that the BNP is allowed to be so vocal on this forum. This isn't a Christian fundamentalist or Stormfrontesque website. This is a student forum, I even question whether half of you are actually students.
You should think yourself lucky that the BNP is allowed to be so vocal on this forum
It would be rather boring if only pro multi-cult points of view were allowed.
gideon2000uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It would be rather less boring if points were grounded in logic, reason, evidence, sense and careful analysis.
Byronic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree. However, there is way of going about it that many of you seem to ignore. I've never once got annoyed with ArthurOliver or Andyukguy and both of them are fundamentally nationalists.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gideon2000uk)
It would be rather less boring if points were grounded in logic, reason, evidence, sense and careful analysis.
I do admit that there is a lot of emotion in my views.
gideon2000uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do admit that there is a lot of emotion in my views.
If you were totally honest with us on this forum, why would you say that you don't like homosexuals? Forget trying to convince us. Just spell it out for me... Do we make you uncomfortable? Are we a threat to your masculinity?

I'm seriously interested!
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you'll be lucky gideon
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TKR)
His problem was with the way that you were making generalisations about all gay people - inferring that they were all camp/shallow etc. You've continued to do so, which seems to indicate that you're not actually taking anything in at all, just repeating the same tired platitudes: "I have no problem with gay people BUT..."
actually i wasnt my first post (which is on page 5 btw not 7 my mistake) i clearly said i have no problem with gay people. I said i dislike the personality traits of that one particular set of gay men. I at no time said that i think ALL gays are shallow/camp.

though i will agree with you on one thing TKR
gideon will be very lucky to get a proper answer
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh do put a sock in it
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
so because i dont like the personality of some gay people that makes me a homophobe????

well it seems you are guilty of the same bias your accusing me of? I already stated in my post on page 7 (i think) i have no problem with gay people none whatsoever. I simply find that kind of person irritating and annoying and shallow. That does not make me a homophobe quite the contrary it makes me a normal person that doesnt like ever personality trait going around. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are gay it is the way they act. As i said and as you said i know gay people who do not act that way. I have no intention with going into detail about gay friends i have or where ive been known to go clubbing just to justify that im not a homophobe to someone who cant accept someone elses point of view
and as for your comment concerning someone different your throwing that stereotype totally blindly simply as you have no idea who i am and what i wear and how i act.
Well, in that case, why didn't you title this thread 'Are their more whiney, irrtiating, shallow people nowadays than there should be?'

If you had asked that, then I might be tempted to say that yes, there probably are. And you seem to be one of them.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well for a start i didnt make the post so i couldnt title it could i?

and what did i say that was whiney or shallow i stated an opinion based on personal taste, if i said i dont like tomatoes would that make me whiney or shallow.
As for irritating well we all have our opinions on what we find irritating dont we wise one?
so il let that go
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well for a start i didnt make the post so i couldnt title it could i?

and what did i say that was whiney or shallow i stated an opinion based on personal taste, if i said i dont like tomatoes would that make me whiney or shallow.
As for irritating well we all have our opinions on what we find irritating dont we wise one?
so il let that go
Ah, sorry, thought you were 'enchanting_chap'. Whoops.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I at no time said that i think ALL gays are shallow/camp.
i have no problem with gay people none whatsoever. I simply find that kind of person irritating and annoying and shallow.
Well the rules of grammar dictate that the "that" refers to gay peple so erm.... yes you did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads