gideon2000uk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Atalanta)
1 in 10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

England has very much homosexuals!
It's the same in your country probably. You just repress them more.

What exactly is your problem?
harrison1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gideon2000uk)
There are a fair number. They are a minority group. They tend to be fairly un-assuming, nice, friendly people.

The statistical evidence is not conclusive. Most accept a figure of about 1 in 10, although tihs seems a bit high to me.
Yes, some are nice, but why are the majority so two-faced, selfish and *****y? It isn't attractive. Yes, i'm going to get neg-rep for this but hey, its true.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
1 in 10 :eek: :eek: :eek:

England has very much homosexuals!
Yes, it "enriches" us,gives us a fuzzy feeling inside, it makes us stronger, makes us more diverse............and all that crap.
Atalanta
Report 13 years ago
It's the same in your country probably. You just repress them more.

What exactly is your problem?
not 1 in 10 in Poland. Not at all! We are Catholic country with Catholic children and parents! We follow the Bible and go to Catholic school and churches! We have few homosexuals but not much and we are not happy with them here.

I have no problem. I want just to know about England and about homosexuals in England.

(Original post by BaconBoy)
Yes, it "enriches" us,gives us a fuzzy feeling inside, it makes us stronger, makes us more diverse............and all that crap.
Not like Poland!

You homosexual too?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pinkfloyd)
Muslims are against homosexuality. What is your view on them coming here?
I think the extreme members of any religion are against homosexuality especially muslims and christians.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
I think the extreme members of any religion are against homosexuality especially muslims and christians.
You think only the "extreme" members are against it?
gideon2000uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The immigrant and the BNP united at last... How touching...
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
not 1 in 10 in Poland. Not at all! We are Catholic country with Catholic children and parents! We follow the Bible and go to Catholic school and churches! We have few homosexuals but not much and we are not happy with them here.

I have no problem. I want just to know about England and about homosexuals in England.

Not like Poland!

You homosexual too?
God no. :eek:

--------------

The immigrant and the BNP united at last... How touching...
The BNP have polish members.
gideon2000uk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

We are a secular society, we accept differences (sometimes reluctantly), society changes slowly.

There are large sections of our society why have a big problem with homosexuality too. Especially the working classes in the industrial north, religious groups and those on the extreme right of politics.

(Original post by baconboy)
Why? That seems a little hypocritical
Atalanta
Report 13 years ago
We are a secular society, we accept differences (sometimes reluctantly), society changes slowly.

There are large sections of our society why have a big problem with homosexuality too. Especially the working classes in the industrial north, religious groups and those on the extreme right of politics.
I want to go university in North England. In London is too many azjaci (sorry I forget English word).

God no. :eek:

good.

I know these members - when in England I was talked to some. But often we talked in Polish! They were in England after ww2 and didn't go home to Poland because they like England and fighted for it.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago

Why? That seems a little hypocritical
We are against immigration not immigrants, and the polish have basically the same natural beliefs as the BNP.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The statistical evidence is not conclusive. Most accept a figure of about 1 in 10, although tihs seems a bit high to me.
Don't be ridiculous. That's a gay propaganda figure. It's nearer 2% than 10%.
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by enchantingchap)
I like a challenge, so here goes. An attempt at an original argument.

I find the behaviour of homosexuals annoying.
Hell, I find the behaviour of some homosexuals annoying, despite the fact that - for all intents and purposes - I am one.

By behaviour I mean the overtly feminate characterisms and conceited personalitys that the homosexuals I have encountered have invariably displayed.
Have you 'encountered' all homosexuals in existence? I think not. In fact, the homosexuals which you claim to have 'identified' as homosexuals were probably those who conveyed the 'efemminate' or 'camp' stereotypes, something that is not a necessary or integral part of homosexuality. There are probably many more homosexuals as minor players in your life, who simply haven't identified themselves as such. The only thing that makes gay people gay is that they are sexually attracted to people of the same gender. This is why I find 'gay pride' slightly flawed - the only thing these people have in common is their sexuality, not enough to form a cohesive group identity, I would have thought.

Any condition which induces personality flaws is wrong.
Therefore homosexuality is wrong.

I have a counter argument. I find similar pride in actors. Though do I think acting is wrong? No. Although personality defects may be the upshot of acting, or rather that people with these personalitys are attracted to acting in the first place. I do not think acting itself is wrong. Perhaps I have found an argument against the perpetrators rather than the act itself. But then again if the act is the cause of the personality then the act must surely be wrong. People make a choice to be actors homosexuals ostensibly do not. Thus maybe the above proposition stands. In summary, homosexuals have deplorable personality traits, therefore homosexuality is wrong. Possibly. :confused:

I am confused and tired.
Yup. And wrong.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Don't be ridiculous. That's a gay propaganda figure. It's nearer 2% than 10%.
Yeah the same people who tell us "most homophobes are gay" hahahaha how the hell could they have found that out?
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah the same people who tell us "most homophobes are gay" hahahaha how the hell could they have found that out?
By seducing them? *raised eyebrow*
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Atalanta, I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than trying to impugn your character in any way, but are you offended by homosexuality - does it affect you that other people are homosexual?
I just can't see why the number of homosexuals in the UK should be of importance in choosing whether or not to study.

If mixing with homosexuals is putting you off coming to the UK, it may reassure you to know that at university, there will be a diverse range of people, some of whom will share your viewpoint (approximately) on homosexuality, so you needn't worry about feeling out of place. To each their own.
Byronic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We are against immigration not immigrants, and the polish have basically the same natural beliefs as the BNP.
Natural beliefs? What the **** is that supposed to mean?

This is just contradiction. Whatever happened to wanting to preserve the great British culture and racial identity? As long as they're white it's okay? What a joke.
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by enchantingchap)
1. An inference of this is:
The population of homosexuals (open or otherwise) has stayed constant throughout human history. Do you agree?

2. OK. Let me propose a new definition of unnatural. If something is biologically flawed we might say that it is unnatural. Like if a scientist crossed a sheep with a jellyfish and the resultant animal was a sheep with tentacles. Some people would say this is wrong because it is unnatural. Homosexuals, from a biological standpoint, are similarly flawed. They serve no evolutionary purpose. They desire to have sex with members of their own sex rather than others. Imagine this, a scientist creates a fly which is always homosexual. I would say this was unnatural. In both the act which produced it and the sexual orientation of the fly itself. In this sense, wishing to have sex with a male member of your species when you are a male yourself is unnatural. It goes against the grain of elemental biological principles.

I accept your point that the majority of homosexuals are 'created' by natural rather than social means.

3. This seems acceptable.

4. I would hope that this is true .
1. Yes, I agree, assuming you mean as a proportion, rather than an absolute figure.

2. Your analogy is, I feel, flawed. The jelly-sheep and GM fly are both created by artificial means. Homosexuality arises as a result of natural events, so I fail to see how it can be unnatural in that respect.

However, your defnition of something being unnatural if it "goes against the grain of elemental biological principles" is a fair one, and can be applied to homosexuals if you're a believer in Darwinism. Let us assume then that it can be viewed as "unnatural". Why is this a bad thing? Very little is natural any more- we wear synthetic fibres, burn our food, and so on.
My point here then, is that even if homosexuality is unnatural, this does not mean that it is wrong.
Atalanta
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
Atalanta, I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than trying to impugn your character in any way, but are you offended by homosexuality - does it affect you that other people are homosexual?
I just can't see why the number of homosexuals in the UK should be of importance in choosing whether or not to study.

If mixing with homosexuals is putting you off coming to the UK, it may reassure you to know that at university, there will be a diverse range of people, some of whom will share your viewpoint (approximately) on homosexuality, so you needn't worry about feeling out of place. To each their own.
Yes, in Poland homosexuals are very wrong, we are Catholic and we see how wrong they are. But in England you miss this. It affects me because they are unnormal, people like opposite people, not the same people and to like the same is to go against God and causes much bad on familys.

The number does not make me choose, but I was interested in knowing still because I saw this thread and thinking what it is like in England is like this thread so I ask here.

Homosexuals put me off if they are 1 in 10 in England but if only little numbers then not so much. When I go to England I like it very much but it is different to Poland so I want to know about it before I go university.
harrison1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

I had a confusing period in my life, but I was never attracted to other guys bodies and c****, the only c*** I like is my own, yet, a few gay boys did try and convince me that I was just confused and gay, I wasn't, and they assume every straight guy can be turned, that really pissed me off, not even Brad pitt can turn me. Sorry guys but you must chase after other gay guys and stop chasing after guys like me who will never like a hairy arse, or a cheese sandwich, I prefer Tuna . I appreciate you might be attractive, but you don't float my boat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads