Are there more homosexuals nowadays than there should be? Watch

wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Atalanta)
You are missing my point.

Poland is not having homosexuals because we can know how wrong it is but in England you are not knowing and so people are choosing to be homosexual in England. Some people in Poland are bad and choose to be homosexual but not many because we know about what is right mostly.

I said before. They were makeing me uncomfortable in England. They act differently to other people. We have very little asians in Poland.

No, God gives us able to choose to be bad so Jesus was needed to help show us how to be good.
so no matter what you do in your life, it will always be bad. Why then is being homosexual any different from living your life normally?
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by enchantingchap)
Here is an analogy. If you are born with a defect (a defect which affects the proper functioning of the brain). We would not say that this is 'wrong'. Having this defect is not 'wrong'. But we would not say that it is 'right'. This is not some kind of condition which we would want people to have. It is an unfortunate disorder of the mind. Some chance occurence in the process of conception has caused it. Perhaps this is how we should view homosexuality. This is the way in which it is 'wrong'. What do you think of this?
So, you're saying that homosexuality is a mental illness?
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Here is an analogy. If you are born with a defect (a defect which affects the proper functioning of the brain). We would not say that this is 'wrong'. Having this defect is not 'wrong'. But we would not say that it is 'right'. This is not some kind of condition which we would want people to have. It is an unfortunate disorder of the mind. Some chance occurence in the process of conception has caused it. Perhaps this is how we should view homosexuality. This is the way in which it is 'wrong'. What do you think of this?

If this passage gives rise to any offence I shall remove it if you wish.

Boo to censorship. If we can't discuss controversial matters no progress will be made.

Ok, let us assume that homosexuality is similar to this, it has resulted from a defect at some stage. However, this does not make homosexuality morally wrong. Nor does it affect anyone other than the person with the so called 'defect' - they're not going to reproduce after all, so the 'defect' should be culled.
The only way that such a thing could be passed on is if they were forced to live a heterosexual lifestyle and have children. By being tolerant and accepting this possibility is removed. Everyone should be happy.

Your argument then is that homosexuality is 'wrong' in the same way that, say, Downs syndrome is - it is a physical defect, undesirable for the person affected? However, this then assumes that they have no control over it, so why should they be treated any differently?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by juueru_chou)
so no matter what you do in your life, it will always be bad. Why then is being homosexual any different from living your life normally?
Because homosexuals like to moan about their classification as sinners and wallow in their sense of victimhood.
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
So, you're saying that homosexuality is a mental illness?
No, I think he's just saying it occurs as a result of a defect in the process of development, making it biologically 'wrong'
quadruple_twist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It is an unfortunate disorder of the mind.
In what way is homosexuality UNFORTUNATE?
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Because homosexuals like to moan about their classification as sinners and wallow in their sense of victimhood.
With some justification
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
With some justification
Not really. If the entire world is comprised of sinners (which is what Christianity teaches) then what makes homosexuals so damn special?
Atalanta
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
Exactly. There is no rational explanation for it. Is it not possible then that it is not a choice that people make? I doubt that anyone would willingly want to go to Hell.
This leaves us with two possibilities
- Polish homosexuals are not Christians
- Homosexuality is imposed upon a person, not chosen.
No, there is no explanation. Number 3: They just go away from God, no one is knowing why but they do.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And after hearing certain people's views in this and other threads, I can see how sometimes they are victimised.
Atalanta
Report 13 years ago
No, because we try to be good but homosexuals turn their back on good and choose to be bad instead.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by quadruple_twist)
You get a sore arse.
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not really. If the entire world is comprised of sinners (which is what Christianity teaches) then what makes homosexuals so damn special?
They're somewhat more singled out than any other type, or such is the impression I receive. The Catholic Church is most vitriolic in its condemnation of homosexuality, whereas it never makes a stand against, for example, mass murder, or adultery, or any of the other sins. Perhaps this is just a perception reached due to the selective tendencies of the media though.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, there is no explanation. Number 3: They just go away from God, no one is knowing why but they do.
Doesn't it say Love your neighbour and Love your enemy in the bible? Surely then you should be kind to everyone, regardless of race, skin colour or sexuality.

--------------

No, because we try to be good but homosexuals turn their back on good and choose to be bad instead.
But you just said you can't be good and it is Jesus who makes you good. What is the point of trying to be good if it is unattainable by yourself?
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
Doesn't it say Love your neighbour and Love your enemy in the bible? Surely then you should be kind to everyone, regardless of race, skin colour or sexuality.
Yeah if you ignore everything else the bible says.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by quadruple_twist)
Well, homosexuals are more prone to disease, die younger, are ostrasized (sometimes voluntarily) from mainstream society, have greater propensity to suicide, have unhappier family lives, etc etc.

Let me put it this way, I suspect very few parents in their right mind would, if they were able to choose sexuality for their children, actually select "homosexuality" for their sons.
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is no reason to want to go to Hell. The only reason for that would be some sort of mental illness, in which case they can't be held accountable in the eyes of God, or so I would hope.
Please realise that the Bible and the encyclicals of the Pope are not written by God. They are written by self proclaimed messengers of God. You can not know which ones, if any, truly speak with God's authorisation. Try to think beyond the confines of religious dictat - exercise your free will, don't just do things because the Church tells you to, or not to, do them because you want to.
BaconBoy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
There is no reason to want to go to Hell. The only reason for that would be some sort of mental illness, in which case they can't be held accountable in the eyes of God, or so I would hope.
Please realise that the Bible and the encyclicals of the Pope are not written by God. They are written by self proclaimed messengers of God. You can not know which ones, if any, truly speak with God's authorisation. Try to think beyond the confines of religious dictat - exercise your free will, don't just do things because the Church tells you to, or not to, do them because you want to.
Yeah but do you really think god would want us to take it up the
rusty bullet hole?
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BaconBoy)
Yeah but do you really think god would want us to take it up the
rusty bullet hole?
Why not?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
They're somewhat more singled out than any other type, or such is the impression I receive. The Catholic Church is most vitriolic in its condemnation of homosexuality, whereas it never makes a stand against, for example, mass murder, or adultery, or any of the other sins. Perhaps this is just a perception reached due to the selective tendencies of the media though.
Not true. Homosexuals are as welcome in the Church as any other sinner, including, adulterers, thiefs, boozers, gamblers, prostitutes, blasphemers, and common all garden people like me who struggle to keep more than half the 10 commandments for more than half an hour at a time.

Sure, there are a few fringe non-mainstream independent churches that do single out homosexuals but that certainly isn't reflective of mainstream Christianity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads