This discussion is closed.
WilliamFoster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Personally I have better things to with my time. Maybe it's best you don't say it, you'll probably ruin it's name. A long as it doesn't begin with an 'H' , it's cool
Obviously you have found out that it, in fact fact does begin with an 'H'. That crap doesn't work with me, let me guess next you'll be sayin as long as it's not in Borehamwood.
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
OMFG WILLIAMFOSTER ATTENDS MY SCHOOL (habs). well i'm in the girls school, hes clearly at the boys. I can't believe it though. The funny thing is, I've never heard anyone mention his name, he's probably one of those passive ones. What a shock though!!! How awful, you've just tainted our name u idiot.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
how the hell did u get into habs ??????? if u ever end up in the girls common room, ill have a right go at u for being a prick.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
OMFG WILLIAMFOSTER ATTENDS MY SCHOOL (habs). well i'm in the girls school, hes clearly at the boys. I can't believe it though. The funny thing is, I've never heard anyone mention his name, he's probably one of those passive ones. What a shock though!!! How awful, you've just tainted our name u idiot.
hehe don't worry. You more than make up for the damage he has done
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by WilliamFoster)
Oh well, I told you not to vote for Blair, i bet you he's even against all this crap too he's just doing it to gain your votes.
No, actually, you didn't, seeing as he was elected in 97, when you would have been all of about 11 at a guess. And none of us were old enough to vote. So don't lie.

And you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Oxbridge. It's blatantly obvious. Unless you hid yourself at the Union the whole time, you'd get your arse kicked even here. But then, seeing as you apparently didn't even apply, there's no problem, I'll be happy to leave the good people of Nottingham to do the honours.
LongGone
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)

And you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Oxbridge. It's blatantly obvious. Unless you hid yourself at the Union the whole time, you'd get your arse kicked even here. But then, seeing as you apparently didn't even apply, there's no problem, I'll be happy to leave the good people of Nottingham to do the honours.
Can I be first in line?

(I'm going to Nottingham for Politics )
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
hehe don't worry. You more than make up for the damage he has done
Thank ye
zom
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What school is he at?
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Talking about computer games programming which was mentioned a few days ago (although this comment is about a uni course and not an A level so not really related to the topic)
It isn't as hard as some subjects you might choose, such as maths or computer science, but it is still quite challenging (depending on the uni)as it will include areas of graphical mathematics (matrices), physics (for collisions etc.), artificial intelligence, as well as doing the programming in C++
There are also degrees in which you do the animation and modelling in computer games and do the story design etc. but I don't know much about this (I only know about the programming one because I have applied for it )
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh please do you really believe she goes to my school. How convenient, of all public schools in the south east she just happens to go to mine. Sorry love, i don't believe you. What is your name as my sister goes to the girls school.
olive
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol loving this william guy. really says what i think
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
really shoulda answered the question
but i did art a level as well as maths, chem physics blah blah blah

out them all, chemistry was the hardest. art was the easiest by far despite the workload
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
habs is really in the middle of nowhere, i used to go there for summer camp when i was a wee one. the tuck shop was the **** though

ok nuff said
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
This thread has gone miles off topic. Shame as it was once an interesting debate .
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by WilliamFoster)
Hmm everyone knows piaget as teaching today is based on his theories, but then again some schools go wrong and advocate theories pur forward by Bruner or even the Russian Vygotski or however you spell it.
Atkinson and Shiffrin, hmm that must have something to do with memory, is it the working memory model? Skinner..is that that wacko using the rats? social learning or something?
It's amazing how much you can learn in just a TASTER SESSION in our schools, bloody hell it's taken you two years. No, i did not run down the library just to look up all the crap you were saying, i have the perfect alibi as i have been watching eastenders and doing some maths homework as i must move that B grade to and A. oops so sorry i used have said Eastenders and maybe Mathematics, but then again it's just the internet.
*chuckles* Atkinson and Shiffrin put forward the multi-store model of memory. The working model of memory was proposed by Baddely and Hitch as a contradiction to the multi-store model due to the overemphasis of rehearsal which was later proved to be unneccesary for the passing of information from STM to LTM.

Social learning theory was put forth by Albert Bandura in his Bobo doll study. Skinner wasn't in any way linked with that.

As for Piaget... well, I haven't actually studied him yet - that's A2 level theory on child development which you wouldn't have covered in an AS taster session. I did mention that I was doing AS level - I've learnt all of this in 5 months, not two years. There's still plenty more for me to learn, that's for sure - Psychology is an endlessly intricate, fascinating subject. The AS-Level is only just the beginning!

Edit: I agree, it is a shame this thread has gone so off-topic. In fact I'm waiting for the moderators to lock it any day now, though I'm enjoying the debate while it lasts. It's good to be given the chance to argue the case for Psychology!
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
this place is saturated with geeks, its actually ridiculous. i cant even read ^^ post. i dont even know why im here right now
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
^ What did you get at AS? mad,azda
brainchylde
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Law was easy, as was computing.

Maths, Physics are difficult.

Chemistry is damn solid.
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im assuming youre not referring to me. but why should it matter. i love the way everyone judges everyone on their grades. youre not as clever as me therefore you must = crap.
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well I was asking the one posting about Psychology, because they seem to know their stuff. I wasn't going to say anything.. but you referred to people as nerds/geeks on here, and yet you post that you are, ahem.. 'scared' (wtf? ) because a University hasn't got back to you? You sure you're not placing your own insecurities on everyone else?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads