This discussion is closed.
olive
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeah im scared, but how does that make a geek?

LAMEEEEEE
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It means that you aren't mellowed out about something that you don't actually have any control of.. and for you to experience such emotions as being 'scared' because you may not get into a top-flight university, and at worst case scenerio - opt for another Top 10 University in September.. just, well.. seems geekish to me.
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
^ What did you get at AS? mad,azda
I haven't finished it yet I only started in September, I haven't even got the results back from my first module yet.

How charming - someone tagged a reputation rating onto one of my posts with the comment 'f*** off tosser'. I feel special
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think you'll piss the exam in the summer with that amount of knowledge! Thats more than I ever knew!
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what is this tosh youve just come up with. why does me being scared of not getting into my top choice uni seem GEEKISH? seriously, how does that have anything to do with being geeky. you have no arguement in the slightest
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well I do.. you came onto these forums with an attitude whereby 'you don't fit in' because you are associating with geeks - but the sheer fact that you registered to enlighten us with the fact that you are 'scared' of not getting into University doesn't exactly show you to be any different from anyone else here.
olive
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ok you win. i am a fully fledged geek.
madmazda86
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by James_W)
I think you'll piss the exam in the summer with that amount of knowledge! Thats more than I ever knew!
Thanks S'long as I get a B I'm happy - that's all I need. There's sooooo much to learn, though - the stupid thing is that my summer Psychology modules are going to be back to back so I have 4 massive sections of theory and studies to learn :eek: It was bad enough with just one module - that was 15 key studies and about 20 minor ones! *brain explodes* :rolleyes:
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by WilliamFoster)
LOL you ******ed bitc*, this is the internet not some formal letter, I will write nottingham and warwick with lower case if i wish. Don't try to attack me from that angle considering your name is even spelt with a lower case 's'. You know what i might like to employ you as my PA one day, but you know that you will have to sleep with me in order to gain promotion, standard practice in the city.
Oh dear, clearly your vocabulary and obvious outstanding mental ability can't provide an eloquent come back to any of the posts about you. I would've loved the opportunity to have studied at a private school and it annoys me that such an opportunity has been wasted on vermin like you. Unsurprisingly you have only managed to show yourself up with your lack of imagination and inability to string a decent sentence together. For the record, William, I am not '******ed' (quite a long word for you I notice) and I will be studying law at University. I'll try my hardest not to slam the door in your face as I make my way up the career ladder.
madmazda86
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Oh dear, clearly your vocabulary and obvious outstanding mental ability can't provide an eloquent come back to any of the posts about you. I would've loved the opportunity to have studied at a private school and it annoys me that such an opportunity has been wasted on vermin like you. Unsurprisingly you have only managed to show yourself up with your lack of imagination and inability to string a decent sentence together. For the record, William, I am not '******ed' (quite a long word for you I notice) and I will be studying law at University. I'll try my hardest not to slam the door in your face as I make my way up the career ladder.
*applauds*
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by olive)
ok you win. i am a fully fledged geek.
and **** at arguing your case, to boot
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Hey look she also reads law at A-level.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Me2
many unis dont like law a-level, but english and history are good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've done Law A level and have been accepted to all of the unis I applied to so I don't think this is true. It's really good having covered topics such as the EU already because it won't be so much to take in at once at degree level.

Can you believe it the girl reads two mickey mouse A-levels and has the effrontery to assume she has a great future ahead of her. I know of someone who read English Lit, History, Law and Psychology and got 4 A's at AS yet was rejected by all the top uni's he applied to and is considering reapplying. I can't believe it, get out of here you waste of space, it's forgivable for one to take one mickey mouse A-level but two is just asking for trouble.
Face it you're a loser and always will be. That future job as my PA is always open to you, well as long as you are good looking as i won't have you scaring the clients.
You say you have an A-level in law already? Is that a 1 year A-level or are you a 3rd year!!! Which universities have accepted you, any red-bricks?
I hope that 1 yea law course at bolton institute will open many doors to you.
good luck as you'll need it.
loser
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
haha I can just imagine his personal statement

"my daddy is a torie mp and wnt to oxford there for i want to apply to camb. daddy paid for extra tuition for me so i would pass da grades. as daddy is lord foster the chairman of AQA they ensured i wud get all a's. at school i did learn da alphabet but most of ma time was spent learning how all da lower class are scum and shud all work din da ford factory making crappy cars"

P.S I'm so tired so sorry if this is a stupid reply
All this from a guy who only managed to achieve 280pts as he stated earlier. What a joke.
LongGone
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2

I've done Law A level and have been accepted to all of the unis I applied to so I don't think this is true. It's really good having covered topics such as the EU already because it won't be so much to take in at once at degree level.

Can you believe it the girl reads two mickey mouse A-levels and has the effrontery to assume she has a great future ahead of her. I know of someone who read English Lit, History, Law and Psychology and got 4 A's at AS yet was rejected by all the top uni's he applied to and is considering reapplying. I can't believe it, get out of here you waste of space, it's forgivable for one to take one mickey mouse A-level but two is just asking for trouble.
Face it you're a loser and always will be. That future job as my PA is always open to you, well as long as you are good looking as i won't have you scaring the clients.
You say you have an A-level in law already? Is that a 1 year A-level or are you a 3rd year!!! Which universities have accepted you, any red-bricks?
loser

I have Media Studies and Film Studies at A Level (along with History) and I got accepted into 3 good universities... including Nottingham.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
loser
Firstly, in my opinion, I don't read any 'Mickey Mouse' subjects. I thought it was quite a good idea to take Law at A Level since I wanted to do a Law Degree. Why would I choose to take something such as Economics when I don't even like Science (although I did get an A at GCSE but I'm sure you don't want to hear that). I think it's better to study something you enjoy rather than let silly stereotypical pricks such as yourself influence your decision. Bolton institute? No I'm not going there although I think I'd choose it over Nottingham is something such as you is going there. Oh, and please don't wish me luck. I don't need it. I've already achieved enough that I don't need to pretend I'm going to Cambridge. Yes William, no one's forgotten that. Your whole arguement for 3/4 of this thread was how much better you were than everyone else because you were going to Cambridge. How sad.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2

loser
This guy's just a troll. He is sexually frustrated and the only place he can quench his thirst is on the internet despite his prowess for "getting laid" (you know, it doesn't count if you pay for it). Don't give him the response he wants. Best thing to do is ignore him or even better use the "ignore user" function under user cp as this guy is just looking for bites (and getting quite a few). Then he'll finally get bored and crawl back into his hole.
Adam®
Report 17 years ago
English is what i wanna take at uni, but im currently mean't to be doing a Joyce Essay, just keep putting it off English is a perfect example of a subject where the teacher is the most important factor.

Where as in my Geography A-level i can learn most of it from the book and not my brain-dead teacher.

Im finding History A2 alot harder than the As part of the course....*arrgg all those bloody interpretations! u have 2 remember an event and what every style of historian thinks bout it, and also why'd they'd think that arrgg) History is Hard!!

I'd say no course is easy, and they shouldn't be, but factors like teachers and what style of course matters.

For example i did Art As last year and got kicked off the course bcos i didn't have enough work done, i pity people doing art because it has by FAR the biggest work load imho (also teachers on my course were evil, blame the teachers mwhahahahahaha!)
brainchylde
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
All this from a guy who only managed to achieve 280pts as he stated earlier. What a joke.
*YOU*, have a SEVERELY warped view of life. There is no way you will get anywhere with that attitude. Yes, maybe you did get into cambridge, but it takes more than a couple of paid-off grades to get you somewhere in life. Luckily daddy will leave you a nice sum of money to live off.

It worries me that the top universities in this country are allowing people like you through their doors - you're not intelligent - in fact, you don't have a clue. You think that everything will be given to you on a plate, whereas, when you get to university, you will realise that you have to work your ass off to be the best, because you will be surrounded by people who not only match you, but are in fact a lot better than you. That should put you in your place. Your not the elite, boy, you are an upper class minow thats leaving the small secluded pond it was brought up in and being released into the big wide ocean - and I hate to tell you, your not prepared for it.

You have demonstrated your ability to immediately put people down with regard to their background - do you think any future employer will like that - we have something called equal oppourtunity now.

You have demonstrated your ability to be eliteist.
You have demonstrated your ability to be a chauvanist.

But most of all, you have demonstrated your ability to be a right ****.

I know people with a lot of money, I know people who are in Cambridge, went to Cambridge, are going to Cambridge (and Oxford, for that matter) and some of them are really pleasant people, people who will work for what they achieve, people who will succeed. You need to wake up, boy, or you will not.

Good luck, you need it.
LongGone
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by brainchylde)
*YOU*, have a SEVERELY warped view of life. There is no way you will get anywhere with that attitude. Yes, maybe you did get into cambridge, but it takes more than a couple of paid-off grades to get you somewhere in life. Luckily daddy will leave you a nice sum of money to live off.

It worries me that the top universities in this country are allowing people like you through their doors - your not intelligent - in fact, you don't have a clue. You think that everything will be given to you on a plate, whereas, when you get to university, you will realise that you have to work your ass off to be the best, because you will be surrounded by people who not only match you, but are in fact a lot better than you. That should put you in your place. Your not the elite, boy, you are an upper class minow thats leaving the small secluded pond it was brought up in and being released into the big wide ocean - and I hate to tell you, your not prepared for it.

You have demonstrated your ability to immediately put people down with regard to their background - do you think any future employer will like that - we have something called equal oppourtunity now.

I know people with a lot of money, I know people who are in Cambridge, went to Cambridge, are going to Cambridge (and Oxford, for that matter) and some of them are really pleasant people, people who will work for what they achieve, people who will succeed. You need to wake up, boy, or you will not.

Good luck, you need it.
Very well said! Except that the silly prat didn't even get into Cambridge,he was lying about it.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by brainchylde)

It worries me that the top universities in this country are allowing people like you through their doors - you're not intelligent - in fact, you don't have a clue. You think that everything will be given to you on a plate, whereas, when you get to university, you will realise that you have to work your ass off to be the best, because you will be surrounded by people who not only match you, but are in fact a lot better than you. That should put you in your place. Your not the elite, boy, you are an upper class minow thats leaving the small secluded pond it was brought up in and being released into the big wide ocean - and I hate to tell you, your not prepared for it.

Good luck, you need it.
I agree with most of what you've said, but if he does go to Habs as he claims, he hasn't paid for his grades, he will have worked hard for them like all of us here. That said, he does not have the right to undermine other people's achievements. News flash William Foster, I go to Habs and I am not rich, infact all my mates are not rich/upper class. You are such a joke.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads