Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing a dead person's clothes - bad luck? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the question says. Is it wrong/weird to wear clothes that belonged to someone who has passed away, even if its to remember them etc?

Edit: ok not bad luck. But would it be considered weird??

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. I mean, they don't need them any more, so why not make use of them or give them to charity?

ReputationRep:
    I think wearing a dead person's clothes in order to remember them would constitute the "weird", tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. I'd imagine some stuff people buy from charity shops will have belonged to someone who is now dead.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcthree/...tlyl_comic.gif

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep the stuff but wouldn't wear it...that would be too weird.

ReputationRep:
    What if they become a zombie?
    http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpr...ncle-scott.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's enough just to keep them, why would you want to wear them??

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think it's wierd. It's a nice way of having their memory continue on even after they are gone in my opinion. Never heard of any superstitions or anything about it either...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a bit weird if you knew them, but many who wear vintage clothes are wearing clothing which belonged to someone who is now dead.

ReputationRep:
    They will come back to haunt you in your sleep!

ReputationRep:
    Keep them in closet like he did

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its bad luck. Other than maybe a piece of jewellery I wouldn't wear one though.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. After my nan passed away, my mum gave me some of her nice jumpers- they're lovely and warm.

We would have thrown them away otherwise, and I'm sure my nan would prefer that someone gets some use out of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    I think wearing a dead person's clothes in order to remember them would constitute the "weird", tbh.
    I didn't mean it like that. More for comfort and reassurance or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think so, charity shops sometimes get donations of clothes belonging to people who died recently.

ReputationRep:
    I wear my grandads jumper, I havn't got any bad luck

ReputationRep:
    I would creep me out a little, I think.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends once made a cake and said "The jam in this is the last my grandma made." Completely freaked me out and I refused to eat a dead woman's jam. Wearing clothes of someone who has died is less weird than that.

ReputationRep:
    I brought a jacket home from a charity shop I put it in my wardrobe I was going to wash it the next day even though it looked New.I took my lovely black pearl bracelet off with a diamonte in I loved that bracelet all of a sudden there was all like movement round my wardrobe, I went all cold and felt like my long hair was standing up on end the room went very cold and wen I went to put my bracelet in my jewellery box it had gone now to me that was very strange. I ran downstairs scared out of my own skin fetched my husky up the stairs he sat on the bed just staring at the wardrobe while he was with me I ran up to the wardrobe grabbed the jacket of the hanger and through it on the front path I av slept downstairs on the sofa tonight with my dogs. I told my son he said I was imagining things but I will never buy clothes from a charity shop again because I am certain I brought something with that coat and now I am to scared to go in my own bedroom without taking my husky up with me do you think the spirit is still in my house or did it go wen I through the coat out I am very nervous and scared now .?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.