This discussion is closed.
Nadine86
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
My dizzy sister has hers pierced, she swallowed the stud one time and had to re-pierce her tongue after it healed over slightly *cringe*

On the subject of tattoos, I'd like a butterfly on my lower back but I have heard that pregnancy can ruin tattoos in that area. Ive decided to wait until I have had my family, then see if I still fancy it.

if u keep it soft with alot of cream during pregnancy ur skin will stay elastic and wont expand to the point of ruining ur tattooo... plus, it also depends on how much fat u put on while pregnant...
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by puke)
just woudering if any of you have got any tattoos
one on my back at the top and one at the bottom

and wear are they
how big
how much did they cost
Too permanent....I prefer piercings.
But still, I might want a small one somewhere one day......as long as it doesn't hurt too much!
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep i got one on my arm at the top, i dont even notice its there anymore
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
depends if they look good on the person or not!!!! guys that have tattoos on their legs just look mingin (sorry for the use of shite word) but celtic tattoos on the top of the arm just below shoulder look nice!! especially if the arm is muscular!!!
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got one on my hip its cost £35 and i love it
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here is mine, with a little flex of the arm.
Attached files
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to want a tattoo, but like most things I've grown out of it and wouldn't even consider it now!
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why have a tatoo, somewhere it is noticeable cos when you're old and wrinkly, its just gonna look like a big old stain
Kiesha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know it's like a craze now almost everyone in our year has one (the girls) and they are all in the same place ... on the lower back with a kinda of celtic design.

I don't think I would ever get one and I think coloured ones do look really tacky as well!
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Babygal)
why have a tatoo, somewhere it is noticeable cos when you're old and wrinkly, its just gonna look like a big old stain
When im old and wrinkly it will look like a tatoo
Kiesha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Investmentboy)
When im old and wrinkly it will look like a tatoo
What is your tattoo of exactly?
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tattoos are far too classy for me.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I just find them a bit of a turn off especialy on girls, it just makes them look butch (no offence).
I think some of them can look quite nice on girls but only on the hip and lower back areas. And they are have to be small and feminine. I wouldn't have a tatoo because I am a wimp. On guys I quite like celtic symbols on the lower back or a black celtic band around the uper arm. I think they are sexy.
Ore100
Report 16 years ago
......Tattoos can look good on either gender, it just depends on the quality of the tattoo. I don't have one because my father would disown me if I did.

Also the argument that "It'll look like sh1t when you turn wrinkly" doesn't really pay attention to the fact that you wont exactly be a glamour model anyway by the time you're a grand-parent.

That said I have a few piercings, my left ear three times, and my right ear once (stop laughing now!! I did it myself, as well as my second left ear piercing, out of curiosity of what it'd look like and in the comfort that it would heal over, which it probably has by now) as well as my tongue.

Now, we've all heard about the "benefits" of the tongue piercing. And while I was already comfortable with my talents before, I can happily conclude that the rumors are true. IT helps!!!

Of course, each to their own. I think certain tattoos look great on women, and others look horrible.

Sorry to go on, but I've wanted a tattoo for ages, but respect my Dad too much to get one.
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
What is your tattoo of exactly?
Dont know really, some celtic affair. Just liked it as it was jaged and the design appealed to me...
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
iv got a small simple black dragon on my sholder blade il def regret it in a few years cost £40
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who keeps bring back these old threads.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Who keeps bring back these old threads.
thats what i was thinkin
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (56)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (177)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (128)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (165)
14.15%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (51)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.83%
Loneliness (101)
8.66%
Financial worries (39)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (56)
4.8%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.8%
Lack of real life entertainment (62)
5.32%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (104)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (103)
8.83%

Watched Threads