Turn on thread page Beta

hugging girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'll be upset, but managing to hold the tears in, then as soon as someone shows me some compassion I burst out cry, hehe quite funny really

ReputationRep:
    Attention seeking, plain and simple; sensing a level of attention, and then milking the situation for all it's worth, using tears to gain sympathy, and hence all the more attention.

Not that I'm saying that, in circumstances such as these, everything's an act and an attempt at attention seeking (not at all); only that someone offering affection and emotional support is hardly going to induce extra upset in a person, and, hence, to trigger tears naturally. I suppose that it can be seen as being similar to a game of catch etc (i.e. one person performs a certain act, the other 'player' responds accordingly, in the way which has come to be expected).

Although I should perhaps not allow cynicism to close my eyes to the possibility of the existence of affection and support simply seeming like a good opportunity to let loose strong emotions that have brewed inside a girl; after all, emotion breeds emotion.

A bit of both, in my opinion. Hell, if there's affection from a girl in the equation, it can't be bad. If only I could meet girls with uni problems..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonofdork)
    Ok this is bizarre but my friend was a bit upset cause she was having uni problems plus her dogs quite ill so I kinda hugged her and she did the same but then she burst out crying and wouldn't stop. Why is it as soon as you offer comfort girls cry even more :confused: :confused:
    I would really prefer to hug a girl, rather than having sex with her.

Ain't I caring?

:cool:

ReputationRep:

Attention seeking, plain and simple; sensing a level of attention, and then milking the situation for all it's worth, using tears to gain sympathy, and hence all the more attention.

Not that I'm saying that, in circumstances such as these, everything's an act and an attempt at attention seeking (not at all); only that someone offering affection and emotional support is hardly going to induce extra upset in a person, and, hence, to trigger tears naturally. I suppose that it can be seen as being similar to a game of catch etc (i.e. one person performs a certain act, the other 'player' responds accordingly, in the way which has come to be expected).

Although I should perhaps not allow cynicism to close my eyes to the possibility of the existence of affection and support simply seeming like a good opportunity to let loose strong emotions that have brewed inside a girl; after all, emotion breeds emotion.

A bit of both, in my opinion. Hell, if there's affection from a girl in the equation, it can't be bad. If only I could meet girls with uni problems..........
    ^^:rolleyes: n00b

ReputationRep:
    He seems really sweet to me, actually...

ReputationRep:
    Some people just can't handle certain truths, when they're told; logic being an alien concept, and all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.