The Student Room Group

How to keep skin smooth when shaving downstairs/ avoid little spots?

Anon or delete

Whenever I shave my pubes, when they start growing back through, they come up in little red spots.

I guess most people have this when they first start and most girls shave their pubes so someone must be able to help!

Thanks TSR.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
i havent grown any pubes yet so cant help
Wax.
Reply 4
Original post by edd360
i havent grown any pubes yet so cant help

Ok good luck with life :smile:
I prefer hair removal cream to shaving, but I've also epilated and home waxed. To be honest the only way to avoid annoying regrowth is not remove them and just keep them trimmed. (except possibly lasering them off, but do you really want your crotch being lasered?)
Main advice is: always shave DOWN never sideways or up, and also try to use an old crappy razor, you want to avoid close shaves to start off with. Also remember to wash the area with soap afterwards!
Original post by Persephone9
I prefer hair removal cream to shaving, but I've also epilated and home waxed. To be honest the only way to avoid annoying regrowth is not remove them and just keep them trimmed. (except possibly lasering them off, but do you really want your crotch being lasered?)

which hair removal stuff do you use?
Original post by Anonymous
which hair removal stuff do you use?

Nair coarse/dark hair removal cream. Regrowth's a huge pain though. You're also not meant to put it on your downstairs, so you're risking chemical burns. (I didn't get them, but it did sting when I weed for a couple of hours after)
Anon or delete

Whenever I shave my pubes, when they start growing back through, they come up in little red spots.

I guess most people have this when they first start and most girls shave their pubes so someone must be able to help!

Thanks TSR.

Shave towards the genitalia rather than away and dont leave it ages between shaving :biggrin:
Anon or delete

Thanks TSR.

professional waxing is best option, yes a little bit expensive but you can ask the lady how to keep it neat and tidy plus slightly less painful if someone else pull the paper.....unless you can do it and not afraid.
Definitely just go to a salon and get a wax every month or so. Never shave!
:/ i'd advise not to use hair removal cream as most of them are not used for removing hair in the nether regions. Plus you wouldn't really want the cream ending up in places where they shouldn't be.

if you can afford it, get it waxed off professionally. It is a bit pricey, but they do use different creams to reduce redness and swelling and like you said, the spots that come up.

or, you could get a shaver. to be honest with you, at first, it will get irritated as the skin isn't used to it. then there's the added fact you might get ingrown hair in which case, plucking them out with tweezers is an option.
there are some shavers that actually pull the hair out from the roots which is what you want.

if you do end up using a shaver, make sure you moisturise your skin afterwards. REALLY important.
Reply 13
A lot of girls have this same problem. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do. Waxing is a better option.
Reply 14
Bump

Ha, ironic.
why do hair removal creams tell you not to use them there?? whats happens if you do??:smile:
Original post by stephie.u3
why do hair removal creams tell you not to use them there?? whats happens if you do??:smile:

Hair removal creams work by damaging keratin in your hair, so it can be wiped off. Keratin is also in your skin, so if you leave it on long enough the cream will damage your skin. This leaves an irritating rash when you do it on your legs, so if it happens to your lady parts... well.

The company will probably have little to say other than 'you're a very silly bunny for using it on your lady parts' should something terrible happen to them, as they specifically say you shouldn't do it.

You can use hair removal cream on those parts if you really want to, you just shouldn't. But if you do be very careful about not getting it inside any orifices. And make sure you rinse it off properly afterwards. And definitely do a patch test beforehand. But you shouldn't do it anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)

.. do you know what kind of chemicals are in those removal creams? o_O
'not to be taken internally'.. getting it anywhere close to your genitalia is in a way taking it 'internally'.
Reply 18
Epilate or wax.

Or just trim. I found it impossible to avoid ugly regrowth when I shaved, but since shifting to waxing, and now an epilator, it's been so much easier and looks so much nicer.
Original post by Persephone9
Hair removal creams work by damaging keratin in your hair, so it can be wiped off. Keratin is also in your skin, so if you leave it on long enough the cream will damage your skin. This leaves an irritating rash when you do it on your legs, so if it happens to your lady parts... well.

The company will probably have little to say other than 'you're a very silly bunny for using it on your lady parts' should something terrible happen to them, as they specifically say you shouldn't do it.

You can use hair removal cream on those parts if you really want to, you just shouldn't. But if you do be very careful about not getting it inside any orifices. And make sure you rinse it off properly afterwards. And definitely do a patch test beforehand. But you shouldn't do it anyway.

what about ones for sensitive skin...does that mean they are less damaging??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending