The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do Paedophilia/Incest/Rape exist in the Animal Kingdom (non-human)?

No idea where to put this question really. Does anyone have any examples for any of these happening in animals other than humans? I'm pretty sure incest is somewhat typical, but the other two I'm not to sure about - rape in particular... how could that be defined?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Plenty of animals are homosexual and some people would claim that that is as unnatural as any of the examples you listed.
I'm pretty sure I heard that most animals solely mate for reproduction purposes (as opposed to for pleasure like humans and dolphins, apparently), so I guess rape wouldn't make much sense. I assume incest would be very common, though.
Reply 3
OP, Google 'traumatic insemination'. The concept of rape requires consent to be possible, which makes it hard to define for animals, though.

Original post by SonOfASubmariner
I'm pretty sure I heard that most animals solely mate for reproduction purposes (as opposed to for pleasure like humans and dolphins, apparently), so I guess rape wouldn't make much sense. I assume incest would be very common, though.

Check out bonobo chimps; they get up to pretty much everything humans do.
Reply 4
my dog used to try n rape me all the time when I would bend over etc
Original post by booraad
No idea where to put this question really. Does anyone have any examples for any of these happening in animals other than humans? I'm pretty sure incest is somewhat typical, but the other two I'm not to sure about - rape in particular... how could that be defined?

Of course here is stalkers/paedophiles, they eat them afterwards too!
Reply 6
When I was around 7 I got 2 young guinea pigs who were brother and sister. We were told by the pet shop to take them away from eachother at 12 weeks. We took them away at 8 weeks to be on the safe side...Few months later babies were running around! Same thing happened with them even though we seperated them all at like 5 weeks! They were an incestuous little bunch....
Reply 7
dolphins, seriously, they're ****ed up
Reply 8

So, despite dolphins raping other dolphins, you think that rape doesn't make much sense in the animal kingdom... riiiiiiiight.

Animals frequently rape. Some male animals use sexual assault as a form of asserting their dominance over other members.

I would imagine that incest between siblings and parents isn't common at all, but I've no idea.

Paedophilia wouldn't work for animals, given how sexual activities work in the animal kingdom.
Original post by booraad

I had a friend whose guinie pig tried to rape his other guinie pig.
Well, only humans and dolphins have sex for pleasure so I guess all the others get raped. Incest is very common and I believe paedophilia also is. Some animals will **** anything, old, young, sister, brother, whatever, as long as it's the same species (and considering the number of dogs that try to hump you, perhaps they're not even that fussy)
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes. Rape is common among animals, and some engage in sex with the younger members of the species. Incest happens as well. Cannibalism also occurs. And homosexuality. A lot of the behaviours shown by humans are shown in the animal kingdom. Necrophillia (having sex with dead animals) happens as well. I read awhile ago about a duck that was chasing another duck (trying to have sex with it). The duck flew into a wall and died, but the other duck didn't stop. It tried to have sex with the dead duck. There was a great image in the article of the duck humping the dead one. Interspecies sex is also fairly common. There was a case of an orangutan that tried to rape a woman (human woman). Apparently they knew it was trying to rape her as they could tell by its 'erect penis' :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I once saw a video of a gorilla trying to force a frog to perform oral sex on it

:puke: (I died inside)
Look up the sex lives of Mallard Ducks. You'll never want to feed those gang raping, necrophiliac *******s bread again.
I don't know but I remember Karl Pilkington talking about monkey prostitutes that got payed in bananas :rofl:

Rape does have a reproductive purpose. A male would need to pass on its genes and if the only way it can do that is by forcing itself on another animal then it will do it.
Incest and homosexuality are both natural. Rape is only known to be prevalent in Humans and Dolphins and paedophilia probably doesn't exist in the animal kingdom considering sexual intercourse with a pre-pubescent animal wouldn't reproduce which is the sole purpose of Sex un the animal kingdom.
Reply 18
Male stoats (or ferrets,cant quite remember) rape young in the nest to ensure its genes are passed on. Thats rape AND paedophilia right there
Rape is the primary method of breeding for a lot of animals. If you're looking for animals closer to humans then you can use bonobos who get up to all sorts.

Latest

Trending

Trending