Report 11 years ago
./opj67f77
Spiffy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh dear.

cc100, Perry Barr really isnt that bad, its some of the further out surroudning areas that you should have concerns about. My uncle has worked in a factory directly opposite the university for nearly 25 years, my grandad worked there for 40 years before that and they have never had a problem.

Yes the area isnt the most pleasing to the eye but you dont have to "get out of there as soon as possible at the end of the day" :p:
x_beautyful_x
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
:rolleyes: OK NO UCE IS NOT ROUGH

I cant stand when people make statements that are OVER exaggerated!

1. I have lived in ASTON for 18years and im now 20 so YES that’s near enough all my life
2. Totally honest its not that bad at all so STOP stereotyping
3. OK so there are 2 main gangs who happen to live in Aston and Handsworth but believe me if u happen to walk past them they are not going to pull out a gun and shoot you for no reason
4. If u ******* about with them and u betray them then perhaps they will but would you do that??? NO didn’t think so
5. You probably will never even see a member of one of these gangs
6. Muggings?????????? I don’t know a single person who has being mugged and I associate with people from different sides of brum including Aston, Handsworth, Sutton, Great Barr, Perry Barr, Newtown, Solihull, Erdington etc “different social classes”(sorry if u have being mugged but that’s down to bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time) and personal safety as long as you have been taught this from your parent/carer e.g. being aware of whos around you....and others you should already know its fine

So basically im saying if u have tolerance for different kinds of people e.g. races, cultures, religions then YES come to UCE because birms is multicultural city and if u don’t have tolerance well im not exactly going to welcome you here with open arms but if you are willing to learn and experience new things, come…..the choice is yours.

Ive visited a lot of other cities e.g. Manchester….Leeds….Milton Keynes…Oxford…..Nottingham…Leisc eter plus others and I was shocked to see predominance of 1 race…of course I haven’t seen all areas of those cities but their city centre is nothing like our (based at the types of people) Infact the only 2 cities I have visited and felt at home in where London and just about nottingham

So to answer your question hakkashinhwauk id say no uce is not rough….the area surrounding it may not be up to scratch compared to other areas throughout the country but its getting there and in my opinion, it really isn’t as scary as SOME make out

p.s yes u do get a few asses that like to cause trouble but where don’t you? – they mostly are the kids still in school trying to impress their friends! Well if u don’t have that where you live then I suppose your lucky or lacking in experience; which ever you want it to be so in all im saying if u want to experience differences:

WELCOME TO BIRMINGHAM
cheekylittleminx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x_beautyful_x)
:rolleyes: OK NO UCE IS NOT ROUGH

I cant stand when people make statements that are OVER exaggerated!

1. I have lived in ASTON for 18years and im now 20 so YES that’s near enough all my life
2. Totally honest its not that bad at all so STOP stereotyping
3. OK so there are 2 main gangs who happen to live in Aston and Handsworth but believe me if u happen to walk past them they are not going to pull out a gun and shoot you for no reason
4. If u ******* about with them and u betray them then perhaps they will but would you do that??? NO didn’t think so
5. You probably will never even see a member of one of these gangs
6. Muggings?????????? I don’t know a single person who has being mugged and I associate with people from different sides of brum including Aston, Handsworth, Sutton, Great Barr, Perry Barr, Newtown, Solihull, Erdington etc “different social classes”(sorry if u have being mugged but that’s down to bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time) and personal safety as long as you have been taught this from your parent/carer e.g. being aware of whos around you....and others you should already know its fine

So basically im saying if u have tolerance for different kinds of people e.g. races, cultures, religions then YES come to UCE because birms is multicultural city and if u don’t have tolerance well im not exactly going to welcome you here with open arms but if you are willing to learn and experience new things, come…..the choice is yours.

Ive visited a lot of other cities e.g. Manchester….Leeds….Milton Keynes…Oxford…..Nottingham
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise