Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baby_lovexo)
    no but your at aston, you have no idea what bcu is like. you dont go there so dont comment on how bad it is. at least the people at bcu arent pretentious. no one in birmingham even likes aston for that reason. your university isn't even as good as you make it out to be. unless your the university of birmingham and actually have a reason to be proud of the university your at; zip it.
    Erm, excuse me but BCU are also pretentious. They think people that go to Aston are *****. A group of my friends were actually called that just because they go to Aston. Please don't be rude about our uni either- you don't go there either!!! It might not be perfect but it's still bloody well good.

ReputationRep:
    and before one of your fellow students criticised my university, i hadnt actually said anything about aston. but iandangerously has just done you all a lot worse reputation wise because he commented in a way which proved exactly what everyone else thinks about you. i have no problem with your university, i applied there via ucas but chose not to go when i saw how people such as iandangerously acted. my boyfriend is at the uni of birmingham so its not like i never go there, and everyone i spoke to thinks the same. im sure it is a good uni and ive heard it is, but you could do without people like iandangerously doing your rep worse!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, so why retort after? That's just childish. Ok I agree it was a bit harsh but he's only being honest, and I don't believe that anyone thinks that of us. There's different degrees of snobbery all round Birmingham. BCU don't like us, we don't like them much, and there's a bit of rivalry with Brum as well, as proves with people saying that Aston sucks and that Birmingham is better. Basically everyone *****es about everything. We even ***** about ourselves! Why would you choose not to go there for that reason though? Who cares?! People looked at me funny when I chose Aston over KCL but I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    murder?! i went there yesterday. blimey.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had a look round at an open day..and ye it looked abit rough around the outside..but its really nice inside and the people were welcoming..i want to do social work..and I have an interview tomorrw..so if anyone else is can you tell me what the course is like from a students point of view thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLouX)
    Ive had a look round at an open day..and ye it looked abit rough around the outside..but its really nice inside and the people were welcoming..i want to do social work..and I have an interview tomorrw..so if anyone else is can you tell me what the course is like from a students point of view thanks x
    Hi SarahLou, I have an interview at Birmingham City Uni next month, how did your interview go? Hope it went well! How long was the interview and what sort of questions did they ask? Any advice would be great!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 17, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.