The Da Vinci Code

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
hey, has anyone else read this book? i know the secret societies are factual, but im having trouble distingushing whether the part about mary magdalene is true or false! and its troubling me!

BTW, if you haven't, its an excellent book.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Yes and its predecessor Demons and Angels. I enjoyed them, they have a lot of good elements and are reasonably well informed factually. Some of the writing style I didn't totally like but I'm fussy.

As for Mary Magdalene, this is the subject of much debate and research. I'd like to say its true as I've read a lot of related material, but a lot of it is biased against the Catholic Church. In fact I'm convinced in my own mind about the truth of the Mary Magdalene statements mentioned in that book but I'm sure a lot of others aren't. Have a look for yourself, I recommend Lawrence Gardner's 'Bloodline of the Holy Grail', at least the first half of the book.
thanks...i would gripe about you resurrecting old threads, but that was helpful!
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.17%
Take a gap year (22)
15.49%
Resit my exams (40)
28.17%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.38%
I don't know yet (15)
10.56%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.23%

Watched Threads