The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart scheme - Accepted

Hello

Been waiting for someone else to come along and surely post on here instead but as it has't happened, I thought I might as well.

So bout a Month ago I was accepted onto the Deloitte BrighStart scheme (For Audit, London, 2011..). This is the scheme for people without a degree, and its the first year. So I was really wondering if anyone else has applied or got through? (Feel free to PM me instead?) Are you accepting? Any thoughts at all?

Happy to answer any questions about the recruitment process etc, which quite frankly was brilliant - especially compared to my experience at PwC. They were really fast in everything they did, and the whole thing took at most about 2 and half months really.

Its clear its the Pilot year as the didn't have a proper HR team dedicated just to the scheme or anything like that (it was all done by the experienced Hires HR manager), and the information on the website can be a little misleading as it refers to the Grad scheme and there are some important differences (obviously) but I was really impressed, hence accepting.

Hope to hear from some people?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey i just sent off my application form- wondering about details etc of the selection process . also it doesnt state how much the salary is. Congrats btw
Reply 2
Indicative Salary is just over 20k (Basically starts off at 75% of Graduate Salary, and I think reaches 100% after 15 months, can't be sure though), which is actually less than I expected (Probably was being optimistic). Can't be sure but I think I've heard that's more than what the other Big 4 are paying.

Selection Process for me was: Application, Online Verbal, Online Numerical test, First interview with manager, then assessment day (Same as graduates, case study etc, Lunch out, then partner interview)

And thanks! :smile:
Reply 3
Cool thanks for that, hope im not too late!
Reply 4
I've got accepted onto the scheme in the London Office as well. Any ideas on when the start date will be?:confused:
Reply 5
Congratulations. When did you hear? and yeah - 16th September! You in London?
Reply 6
As in - do you live in London or are you planning on moving down there?
Reply 7
Hey x ive have just been filling out the application form for the manchester office, finding it really difficult and ive just got to the positions of responsibilites and i dont have anything to write do you have any advice? well done on getting accepted by the way :smile:
Original post by rachel1358
Hey x ive have just been filling out the application form for the manchester office, finding it really difficult and ive just got to the positions of responsibilites and i dont have anything to write do you have any advice? well done on getting accepted by the way :smile:

They accept pretty much anything. If you've ever worked in a team or something, just mention your responsibilities then. You're unlikely to get rejected at this stage unless you have poor academics.
Reply 9
Original post by Rargistar
Congratulations. When did you hear? and yeah - 16th September! You in London?

I got my response about 2 weeks ago. I already live in London so no moving necessary. Do you know which industry sector you want to work for yet??
Reply 10
I have an AC coming up for BrightStart in 2 weeks.

How was the partner interview? Was there much commercial awareness questions?
Original post by rachel1358

Hiya my name's Rachel as well and im also filling out the app for the manch office, we may meet at interview or something. Lmk what happens, im a little bit nervous and not sure ill get accepted but no harm in trying
Reply 12
I have had my assessment now and I think it went pretty well. So I am more than willing to share my experience and help anyone who needs it.
i've applied for the induction day and am planning on doing the scheme in 2012, starting sept. any pointers,advice or experiences would be amazing <3
Reply 14
I got an offer yesterday :biggrin:

Application I think you just have to know what the job will involve and you will get through that fine.
Online Tests are SHL so id practice them before sitting the actual ones.
First Interview come up with a couple of examples for each competency and even if they only ask for one you can still give them two answers. Also make sure you ask questions, seem interested.
For the assessment day theres not much you can do before for the etray. Just make sure you justify your reasons thoroughly in the email and no spelling mistakes! When it comes to the partner interview again just make sure you justify your reasons well and stick to your guns if the partner seems like they doubt you. Also have more examples of competencies again, good chance you will get asked a few, especially COMMERCIAL AWARENESS, have an interesting business story, a company doing well and a company doing poorly.
Reply 15
Im doing the tests at the moment, just wanted to know any one had an idea of pass marks/ percentile? ive done the shl practice test and that was fine - how did everyone else find it?
Reply 16
It is a lot harder than the practice tests, but it is similar questions. I dont know the pass marks but i didnt finish the numerical one, think i did about 16 of the 20, and the verbal i completed.
Reply 17
I got accepted onto the scheme in March to join the Cardiff office in September!
I've just received an offer for Tax (Global Employer Services- Employment Consulting Opportunities to be specific) in London and will answer any questions about the excellent recruitment process or anything else.
Reply 19
Original post by Sullivan1993
I've just received an offer for Tax (Global Employer Services- Employment Consulting Opportunities to be specific) in London and will answer any questions about the excellent recruitment process or anything else.

Hello i Have a interview on thursday :s-smilie: andy tips!? and what happens after the interview? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest