Turn on thread page Beta

has anyone ever used one of these? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://ross-fitness.co.uk/ltt.html

the lateral thigh trainer,

does anyone think it works as well as it says it does as it has the ski like motions and i want to get one im not sure though i was wondering if anyone else has one??

it says you lose a stupid amount of weight in 30 days is that just a thing to get people to buy it??

ReputationRep:
    well-balanced diet and regular free exercise is all you need. try running. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ive tried all of that and none of it works

its abit silly
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Would you use it? If so, get one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laursy)
    ive tried all of that and none of it works

its abit silly

you clearly haven't as it does work. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no. whats written on that page is just to get people to buy it, its exaggerated. using that would be about as effective as walking and is a complete waste of money. the stuff written on that site is just crazy babbling to influence sales, its bull.

instead of wasting your money on that, go for a jog or join a gym or if you have to spend money, get a skip rope.

ReputationRep:
    oh i think i shall try again lol try abit harder this time lol

ReputationRep:
    never buy home products that you see on the tv or the internet. they are always a waste of money and people end up using them once and then leave it in the garage with 3 inches of dust on it.

ReputationRep:
    most important part of losing weight is diet

ReputationRep:
    I use one of those at the gym. It tells me I loose about 120 calories in 10minutes. The at the gym has handles and stuff so it is like ur running or skiing. At the gym there is like a cue to get on it. If I was u I wouldnt buy it unless ur 100% sure ur gonna use it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pompey chick)
    I use one of those at the gym. It tells me I loose about 120 calories in 10minutes. The at the gym has handles and stuff so it is like ur running or skiing. At the gym there is like a cue to get on it. If I was u I wouldnt buy it unless ur 100% sure ur gonna use it
    Are you sure that isn't the cross trainer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Are you sure that isn't the cross trainer?
    Oh yeh, thats wot its called!!!!! I didnt read the advert properly. Soz :p:

You wont lose weight if you're taking in more calories than you burn (oversimplification, but not everyone here is a biologist).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr4470)
    You wont lose weight if you're taking in more calories than you burn (oversimplification, but not everyone here is a biologist).
    saying that makes it seem like you have to physically burn the calories from exercise, which you dont. i could eat quite a bit of junk food everyday, do hardly any exercise yet i could drop bodyfat at the same time if i wanted to. its all about controling metabolism.

(Original post by bis432)
    saying that makes it seem like you have to physically burn the calories from exercise, which you dont. i could eat quite a bit of junk food everyday, do hardly any exercise yet i could drop bodyfat at the same time if i wanted to. its all about controling metabolism.
    Thats body fat, not overall weight. Metabolism is affected by both diet and exercise.

ReputationRep:
    It will work... but only if you use it religiously, ie at least once a day for a fair amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr4470)
    Thats body fat, not overall weight. Metabolism is affected by both diet and exercise.
    exactly. you made it sound like if you eat 2000 calories in a day, you have to spend hours exercising to burn it off when you dont. i eat about 3000 cals per day most days, very rarely do cardiovascular exercise and have a 29 inch waist and about 10%bf. cardio is kinda overrated, although it is important.

and metabolism is not just affected by diet and exercise, there are many other factors in it including thyroid function and hormone production, hydration, stress levels, sleep, food types, etc. thats why really low fat diets arent always good for losing weight because it often results in low hormone production, resulting in slower metabolism.

exactly. you made it sound like if you eat 2000 calories in a day, you have to spend hours exercising to burn it off when you dont. i eat about 3000 cals per day most days, very rarely do cardiovascular exercise and have a 29 inch waist and about 10%bf. cardio is kinda overrated, although it is important.
    No, because I didnt mention body processes, and it depends how active you are.

Well, for comparison...I eat around 1400 a day, also rarely do cardio, have a 29inch waist and 16% bodyfat.

and metabolism is not just affected by diet and exercise, there are many other factors in it including thyroid function and hormone production, hydration, stress levels, sleep, food types, etc. thats why really low fat diets arent always good for losing weight because it often results in low hormone production, resulting in slower metabolism.
    Like I said, I oversimplified it.

ReputationRep:
    dont oversimplify things. it confuses people more than if you were talking about quantum physics or the m-theory.

ReputationRep:
    I eat about 2900 calories a day have a 29 inch waist, That isnt a big deal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.