The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Paper 1 Language

Ahhh. I epic failed at this one... I found the article about travelling in Spain quite hard, as there wasn't really much to talk about. The argue, persuade, advise was okay, but I didn't set out the letter correctly.

How did it go for you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It could have been easier, but it wasn't too hard either - quite happy with that :yep:
Travelling in Spain? What? Did i like completely misread the whole paper?!? :eek:

This has actually made me so nervous. Someone please tell me they did one on free-running...
Reply 3
Original post by minimus777
Travelling in Spain? What? Did i like completely misread the whole paper?!? :eek:

This has actually made me so nervous. Someone please tell me they did one on free-running...

Mine was on free running too :smile:
Reply 4

Don't worry, mine was on free-running too. Are you sure the spain one was aqa?
...Travelling in Spain!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Yeah minimus777, mine was about free-running and a Garmin sports watch. Was yours??
Reply 6
Travelling in Spain? Erm, what?
Mine was free running too.
Original post by jess.d
Mine was on free running too :smile:

Oh, thank goodness :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by minimus777

It was about free running (at least, for specification A)
Maybe those on spec B did travelling in Spain?
Reply 9
the travelling in spain one was spec b, i presume the other one was spec a
it was alright, i expect to get at least a b
Reply 10
Yeah I did the one on free running
Section A was pretty tough but I think I did good on Section B
For the Section B bit, in writing to persuade, advise and argue, wich one did you guys go for?
I did Spec A. I found Section A harder than the past papers, especially the question about presentational devices, which is worrying as usually I find that one the easiest. I totally neglected the male/female appeal and focused on talking about how it appealed to people with a common interest to get fit. What did everyone else put?
I did the last one, 8: Write a letter to your headteacher persuading her that fun is important in schools and advise her as to how to introduce fun OWTTE. I only know of one other person who did that question. It seems that most people did the adventure trip one.
Reply 14
Original post by Member737,514
I did the last one, 8: Write a letter to your headteacher persuading her that fun is important in schools and advise her as to how to introduce fun OWTTE. I only know of one other person who did that question. It seems that most people did the adventure trip one.

I did that question too :smile:
I did advise automatically...big mistake there - i ended up persuading!
and the first section wasn't toooo bad but I found myself rambling considerably!
xxxxxx
Original post by jess.d
I did that question too :smile:

Wooo :smile: How many sides did you write? Did you set it out in letter format i.e address in top right hand corner etc? I didn't...
Reply 17
Did anyone else do the argue one? I did, but I don't know anyone else who did :s
Reply 18
Original post by Member737,514
Wooo :smile: How many sides did you write? Did you set it out in letter format i.e address in top right hand corner etc? I didn't...

Hmm can't remember how many sides, but about 3 large paragraphs plus the intro and conlcusion. And no I didn't do the adress, I just put Dear Sir/Madam then Yours Sincerely at the end :colondollar:
Reply 19
Mine was completely different. My argue, persuade, and advise essay was about school meals. I think the exma went alright overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending