Report 13 years ago
:blush:
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zoea85)
I find the whole concept of funk buddies really sad. The way I see it, it would strip away all the emotion and love, making sex a meaningless act that brings a few minutes of selfish pleasure. People who do do it obviously have no self control and view sex as an physical act, a bit like animals really, and not an emotional one to experience with the right person. Sad.
The fact is, people who have ****buddies often do it for emotional reasons... especially the girls. This is unconsciously or consciously... A lot of people with emotional problems will do it, because it provides them with the affection they need without having to explicitly deal with emotions.
If they really didn't care about emotions, no point of having a ****buddy. Why would it have to be a "buddy" if there were no emotions involved? Might as well just go see any random person.

(Original post by Objet trouvé)
What I also hate is the double standard with regards to sex in general. A guy sleeps with lots of women, and to other men he is a stud. A girl sleeps with lots of men, and she is labelled a slut. You can even see it in this thread.
People only hate the double standard when it doesn't suit them. The double standard is promoted by girls who admire a guy who's slept around or who accept a guy who has a shady past just as much as guys who don't want a girl who's slept around. It's part of who we are. It's better to accept it (call it double standards or whatever but accept that guys and girls are different) than to say how things should be because it would suit you better...

It's a bit stupid to sleep around knowing that some guys might be bothered someday with your sexual past and then when you meet such a guy, start telling them what they "should" be feeling. I'm going to go around now and start telling girls that they "should" be attracted to complete unattractive geeks like me... It's not the way things work in relationships and in life. Sorry to disappoint you.
Laursy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer but surely what happens in your past shouldnt matter

i think that is stupid that a guy has sex with 10 girls in a space of a few months

a girl sleeps with ten blokes within a few years, she is made out to be the ****gy one!!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zoea85)
I find the whole concept of funk buddies really sad. The way I see it, it would strip away all the emotion and love, making sex a meaningless act that brings a few minutes of selfish pleasure. People who do do it obviously have no self control and view sex as an physical act, a bit like animals really, and not an emotional one to experience with the right person. Sad.
The fact is, people who have ****buddies often do it for emotional reasons... especially the girls. This is unconsciously or consciously... A lot of people with emotional problems will do it, because it provides them with the affection they need without having to explicitly deal with emotions.
If they really didn't care about emotions, no point of having a ****buddy. Why would it have to be a "buddy" if there were no emotions involved? Might as well just go see any random person.

Most girls who have ****buddies anyway, are girls (sometimes guys) who are not attractive enough to convince a guy to go out with them, and girls and guys who have emotional problems.

(Original post by Objet trouvé)
What I also hate is the double standard with regards to sex in general. A guy sleeps with lots of women, and to other men he is a stud. A girl sleeps with lots of men, and she is labelled a slut. You can even see it in this thread.
People only hate the double standard when it doesn't suit them. The double standard is promoted by girls who admire a guy who's slept around or who accept a guy who has a shady past just as much as guys who don't want a girl who's slept around. It's part of who we are. It's better to accept it (call it double standards or whatever but accept that guys and girls are different) than to say how things should be because it would suit you better...

It's a bit stupid to sleep around knowing that some guys might be bothered someday with your sexual past and then when you meet such a guy, start telling them what they "should" be feeling. I'm going to go around now and start telling girls that they "should" be attracted to complete unattractive geeks like me... It's not the way things work in relationships and in life. Sorry to disappoint you.
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Laursy)

i think that is stupid that a guy has sex with 10 girls in a space of a few months

a girl sleeps with ten blokes within a few years, she is made out to be the ****gy one!!
I couldn't agree more with you hun, i remember this being discussed a few weeks ago
Poison Ivy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am confused here, didn't that post get posted by soem Sam dude?

And true Laursy!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago

"shouldn't" is the keyword here and just confirms what I said. How can you tell people what they should and shouldn't feel? A guy could say an equivalent thing: "girls shouldn't accept guys who have slept with a lot of women". You see? The whole thing can be turned on its head.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
shouldn't" is the keyword here and just confirms what I said. How can you tell people what they should and shouldn't feel? A guy could say an equivalent thing: "girls shouldn't accept guys who have slept with a lot of women". You see? The whole thing can be turned on its head
yer its a two way thing whose to judge it everyones as bad as each other without sounding harsh!!

as christina aquerlia said, 'should i keep quiet just because im a woman call me a ***** coz i speak whats on my mind' i forgot the rest lol
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer its a two way thing whose to judge it everyones as bad as each other without sounding harsh!!

as christina aquerlia said, 'should i keep quiet just because im a woman call me a ***** coz i speak whats on my mind' i forgot the rest lol
I was saying that you can't say that people "should" be a certain way. People who say stuff like you are people who claim to be totally liberal and open and to accept anything yet they tell people what they "should" feel.

Many guys will be bothered to commit to a relationship with a girl who has slept around a lot, especially if it's recently and in a social environment he's connected to. Just accept it! If you don't and just think "I can sleep around, I'm not a slut because Christina Aguilera said so, and any future guy I meet should not be bothered with my past", you're being very immature and unwise.

In the same way that I don't dress like a tramp when I go out if I want to attract girls... Maybe I would like girls to accept me dressed anyway but it isn't so. So I accept it! People's preferences and feelings are not something you have control over so accept it.
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If anyone wants a funk buddy it's upto them in the end it's their choice and may be they just might realise whether it's a bad thing or not!
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If anyone wants a funk buddy it's upto them in the end it's their choice and may be they just might realise whether it's a bad thing or not!
totally agreed

im not saying its ok if christina aquliera says it ok she makes some damn good points in that song that people should reliase nones going to be comepletely perfect, so what if someones slept with a bunch of people none needs to know that!!
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

I was saying that you can't say that people "should" be a certain way. People who say stuff like you are people who claim to be totally liberal and open and to accept anything yet they tell people what they "should" feel.

Many guys will be bothered to commit to a relationship with a girl who has slept around a lot, especially if it's recently and in a social environment he's connected to. Just accept it! If you don't and just think "I can sleep around, I'm not a slut because Christina Aguilera said so, and any future guy I meet should not be bothered with my past", you're being very immature and unwise.

In the same way that I don't dress like a tramp when I go out if I want to attract girls... Maybe I would like girls to accept me dressed anyway but it isn't so. So I accept it! People's preferences and feelings are not something you have control over so accept it
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago

In the same way that I don't dress like a tramp when I go out if I want to attract girls... Maybe I would like girls to accept me dressed any way but it isn't so. Maybe I wish girls were more into guys who looked like me but they aren't... So I accept it! People's preferences and feelings are not something you have control over so accept it
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
Just as sniffing cocaine off prostitutes' arses is up to them at the end of the day. We all have our opinions on whether it can have emotional consequences.
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thats what i was saying but in a simpler sentence, right I'm off night all

--------------

(Original post by Anonymous)
Just as sniffing cocaine off prostitutes' arses is up to them at the end of the day. We all have our opinions on whether it can have emotional consequences.
Well then thats upto them surely they realise what they are doing?
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
none else has the right to tell someone otherwise and how to live and behave!!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Poison Ivy)
Thats what i was saying but in a simpler sentence, right I'm off night all
Well that's the problem isn't it? You can tell people "do what you want" but what people really want to know is: will it have a negative effect in the future?

It's alright saying "I'm doing this because I do what I want" but then you later have to deal with people who are bothered with what you have done and you have no control over that... That's what "sexually-liberal" people end up realising: it works both ways. If you want to sleep around and do what you like. So be it. But the day that someone can't commit to a relationship because of what you did, or simply isn't interested in a proper relationship with "someone like you", then you have to accept that, since you're "liberal": people feel what they feel and you can't dictate that.

It's not a question of good/bad but more of consequences and whether you can accept them and realise what they are.

People often get the idea that "you can sleep around if you like" and the idea that "sleeping around has no consequences" mixed up.
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
none else has the right to tell someone otherwise and how to live and behave!!
It doesn't mean that how you live and behave is ok and that you will never regret it though. So many people don't want people to tell them how to live their life because they want to keep the idea alive, that they will never regret things.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well that's the problem isn't it? You can tell people "do what you want" but what people really want to know is: will it have a negative effect in the future?
i don;t care what other people think of my life half of the time!! as they are in no place to judge me or tell me whats right and wrong for me!!
Anonymous User
Badges:
Report 13 years ago
i don;t care what other people think of my life half of the time!! as they are in no place to judge me or tell me whats right and wrong for me!!
You have to accept you might regret your actions though. If you don't want other people to judge your life then that's fair enough but at least be the judge of your own.

If you just say "i don't care what other people think of my life", it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be thinking about what you're doing and how it might affect things later, in a relationship for example. I wonder if you don't just say "i don't care what other people think of my life" to avoid thinking about whether what you're doing (or not doing) is a good/bad idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads