Funk Buddies Watch

bret
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Here's my two cents. Neg rep me all you want, i'm ready for you.

Some observations have come out from this thread. 1) we are all entitled to make moral judgements on a particular act. 2) this can be religious or secular yet be eqaully as valid as another's view.

The confusion is what should be done, or what the moral responsibility of those holding a particular view should be. Should a group or society intervene. How??

I'm with J S Mill. Minus STDs and the risk of the girl in particualr getting attached and hurt, it is not the buisness of society to sanction casual sex between what it can only assume are two rational and self interested actors. However, as individuals it is within our rights to persuade others of thier wrong doing.

Helen, you were perfectly justified and probably wise to reason with your friend the outcomes of the situation she found herself in. Poica, you are enititled to pass judgement on people that sleep around. It does more harm to benneficial debate to prevent people from calling promiscuous girls ****s than it does good in saving the feelings of such girls. Laursey, on the same basis you are entitiled to call Poica sad, old fashioned or whatever you will for having what many undoubtably suggest are outdated and restrictive views.

I have views on the matter though stemming from how i've internalized the world and events around me. 1) Society believes men are studs, girls are slappers. Many girls get pissed off and act as if this is not the case but it is. A girl sleeping with ten people is simply not the same as a man doing the same. there is justification in this. girls can get sex when they want and a large number of sexual partners indicates lack of control, lack of self repect or a lack of understanding of the status quo.

2) If one is friends with a girl who is becoming prolific, it is good to warn her of the damage she may be doing to her reputation but obviously in a reasoned manner. Unfortunately easy girls tend to club together, thus reducing the chance of this happening and minimizing their outsider status.

3) One of the dangers about a sexually permissive lifestyle for girls is how it will affect their chances of future happiness. I personally would not go out with a girl who'd slept with more than eight people (the UK average last time i checked was 8.3) or had a random one night stand . I'm sure the median is lower 8.3 as well.

4) I try not to have one night stands because although I do not believe they are wrong in principle, the girl you are using for sex will one day be another man's wife. I do to others what I would have done to myself and I know the hurt I felt in having to finish with my last ex for the way she had behaved in the past.
Laursy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Laursey, on the same basis you are entitiled to call Poica sad, old fashioned or whatever you will for having what many undoubtably suggest are outdated and restrictive views
i didn't call anyone sad did i?

sorry didn't mean it
Ferrus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cambridgemuscle)
Society believes men are studs, girls are slappers. Many girls get pissed off and act as if this is not the case but it is. A girl sleeping with ten people is simply not the same as a man doing the same. there is justification in this.
It isn't quite such a double standard as it first appears I might add... that is because if girls are very cautious about "sleeping around" then it means obviously it is harder to get "stud" status. That very status is earned by conquering girls who are as soceity wishes them to be, very guarded.
Zymoen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cambridgemuscle)

Here's my two cents. Neg rep me all you want, i'm ready for you.

Helen, you were perfectly justified and probably wise to reason with your friend the outcomes of the situation she found herself in. Poica, you are enititled to pass judgement on people that sleep around. It does more harm to benneficial debate to prevent people from calling promiscuous girls ****s than it does good in saving the feelings of such girls. Laursey, on the same basis you are entitiled to call Poica sad, old fashioned or whatever you will for having what many undoubtably suggest are outdated and restrictive views.

Why on earth would anyone neg rep you for giving a well thought out and reasoned response to a thread? However, because Laursey responded the way she did by questioning whether she actually called anyone sad, I decided to look through the whole thread (now that is really sad). What I found was Laursey just says she enjoys sex, I saw no particular personal attack, and Poica didn't call anyone a 'slapper', just said that it wasn't her thing.

I may have missed something or the posts may have been removed, but I do think if you name someone then you should quote them.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why on earth would anyone neg rep you for giving a well thought out and reasoned response to a thread? However, because Laursey responded the way she did by questioning whether she actually called anyone sad, I decided to look through the whole thread (now that is really sad). What I found was Laursey just says she enjoys sex, I saw no particular personal attack, and Poica didn't call anyone a 'slapper', just said that it wasn't her thing.
well said

i wouldn't neg rep anyone for an opinion people have done it for me but i haven't done it!! at all i only do the postive reps
peoples opinions are important i think
bret
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very sorry if i misquoted anyone. Laursey said have some sad looser on her arm for the sake of it. Not the same thing and i apologise.

Poica never called anyone names either. But if either were to extend their arguments to incorporate negative points then its within the realms of the acceptable.

I often give answers that cut through the crap. maybe that's why I'm on a neg status.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Laursey said have some sad looser on her arm for the sake of it
yer too right i don't want to have to wait for some loser guy when i could have freedom to do what i please!! i don't think its the end of the world if i am single its a chance to actully have fun i never smiled during my last 3 relationships,
i must be some kind of commitment freak doesn;t make me a bad person though surely
sr4470
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Laursy)
i never smiled during my last 3 relationships,
Obviously you havent been with someone who appreciates you yet.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Obviously you havent been with someone who appreciates you yet
yer and proberly never will judgeing by the amount of losers living round here lol
sr4470
Report 13 years ago
yer and proberly never will judgeing by the amount of losers living round here lol
You should visit here, its like chav city :rolleyes:
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You should visit here, its like chav city
same here id rather attend spitting competitions in a dustbin then go out with anyone that lives in this stupid place lol!!

they are all idiots and stupid!!
bret
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer too right i don't want to have to wait for some loser guy when i could have freedom to do what i please!! i don't think its the end of the world if i am single its a chance to actully have fun i never smiled during my last 3 relationships,
i must be some kind of commitment freak doesn;t make me a bad person though surely
You may not be getting hurt at the present time and that's great. It's just my experience that girls that have dubious sexual pasts will come a cropper in later life when they have to tell people they love and want to be together. Surely you accept that you will have to tell your husband about your number and the circumstances they occured in. I wouldn't be able to settle down with a girl not knowing this.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer not at this time in my life though
sr4470
Report 13 years ago
yer not at this time in my life though
I was trying to have serious relationships at 15. Obviously, I didnt succeed.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was trying to have serious relationships at 15. Obviously, I didnt succeed
maybe i have never really been serious about anyone but i will one day proberly!!

just not now or anytime soon never know though do you might meet someone new tomorrow never know
bret
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
maybe i have never really been serious about anyone but i will one day proberly!!

just not now or anytime soon never know though do you might meet someone new tomorrow never know
and if you do, don't you think your sexual past might prove somewhat of a problem. Not saying it should. Some men put up with an active sexual past. Normally these are less attractive or geeky in my experience. Most attractive men stipulate that they not only have a girl they're attracted to but also one who's shown restraint in her past. I certainly do.
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i don;t think that matters im not expectin the next guy i go out with to be a virgin they wont; expect that of me
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i don;t think that matters im not expectin the next guy i go out with to be a virgin they wont; expect that of me
No, in modern society it's unreasonable for anyone to insist on all their partners being virgins (especially if they've had more than one themselves). But some people, and in many cases the people who would appreciate you and treat you better in a relationship, may not like the thought that they are sharing you with tonnes of other guys who have been there before.

You didn't call anyone sad, but you did basically imply that if you chose not to sleep around when single it meant you didn't have a life. I've given my opinion on that already.

Cambridgemuscle - I think I pretty much agree with you on most of what you've said actually Although I think if any male friends of mine showed tendencies towards becoming hugely promiscuous I'd probably have words too - equality and all that
Laursy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
may not like the thought that they are sharing you with tonnes of other guys who have been there before.
yer thats the thing its not like its 20 blokes or anything so i mademyself sound bad!!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yer thats the thing its not like its 20 blokes or anything so i mademyself sound bad!!
It's not 20 people NOW. But what if you're single for another 10 years? You said yourself that you thought you'd "close up" if you didn't have sex in that long. Then it would be a considerably larger number.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1462)
79.59%
Leave (375)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed