This discussion is closed.
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
You study books too much.
He has no feelings towards people. We are not looking for sympathy but empathy, come down to the same level, then you might see our point but you sound like you live in la la world so what would you know about pain?
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I concede my point, due to your fantastic comeback
game, set, match, joey!! (sarcasm there)
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Yes, point taken. However, although it may have been ruled illegal, as you have said before - it is a matter of opinion on this issue
And also, you mention autonomy. Physicians, for example, respect autonomy as the obligation to respect the decision-making capacitities of patients.
When someone is suicidal, often they are not capable of making their own decisions, as in their autonomy is void due to psychiatric illness. In this case, the other principles, such as beneficence and non-malificence are more important in the long run for the well-being of society as a whole. Autonomy can often not be demonstrated by suicidal patients. 'Often', being the operative word.
Barny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The Good Charlotte video makes me want to commit suicide...
Custard
Rep:
?
What are your feelings on euthenasia then, I bet mine are rather similar and I went to a catholic school.
I think that quite a lot of peoples are the same though.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Can you not understand that perhaps my feelings on the subject are a little biased? I have every reason not to think logically on this subject.
so for 6 pages u debate, criticizing what we say by saying it isnt correct, now you say that u wernt giving opinions based on logical thinking, and that u wer biased anyway?..... :rolleyes:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You dont get it do you. Its not a competition to see who wins. Someones life was lost when it shouldnt have been. People comit suicide everyday when there was no need to.
yes, i got 6A* and 4A's at GCSE, i think my mind is capable of realising that suicide is very bad and often occurs when it shouldnt do.

thans 4 the reminder though. :rolleyes:

"its not a competition" - u said to corey b4 "i will beat u hands down, geordie." CONTRADICTION ME THINKS. :rolleyes:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes. I wasnt 'debating'. Its a very touchy feeling for me, surely you can see that.
yes i can.

i'm sorry about your loss.
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
so for 6 pages u debate, criticizing what we say by saying it isnt correct, now you say that u wernt giving opinions based on logical thinking, and that u wer biased anyway?..... :rolleyes:

Yes, but everyone opinions are biased aren't they? :confused:
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
put your sig is

"poo...life sucks" there for you are not going to be top of the world and are going to be in favour of suicide.
Just because life sucks..it doesnt mean im suicidal....
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes, but everyone opinions are biased aren't they? :confused:
no.

they consider various options, then make a judgement (many do).

only looking at 1 case out of millions and basing your judgment ON A GENERAL TOPIC is biased, as it is not relevant for judging on a GENERAL TOPIC.

that is bias......
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Just because life sucks..it doesnt mean im suicidal....

never said you were i was saying you are going to biased for suicide as you can see why people want to do a little more than richard branson or the Beckhams.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My friend, she was so happy on the exteriro then over a period of a few days when so dark she'd laugh about people dying then wish it upon herself. I watched the transformation. I sat her down and she told me everything. I was hysterical by the time she finished but she showed me the scars. I help her, i tryed my hardest and so did someother friends and now she is like she used to be apart from the sick depth that she experianced is still there, not as twisted. It hurts to know you friends ants to stop. I makes you feel like you are not good enough!
How old is this friend you talk of?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Whats your grades got to do with anything? Thats not logical to say the least.
i got A* in Religous Education by talking about and answering questions exactly like this. - Suicide was one question in my exams.

To say i have some knoweldge about such issues DOES MAKE SENSE.
it is logical - i got tested on this and knew what i was on about.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes but he is biased because it hasnt happened to him whilst I'm the complete opposite.
:rolleyes:
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That is very insensitive. Its my girlfriend I'm talking about, not a friend. She cries at nights sometimes, just bursts out. I dont know directly obviously but I can see what it does to her and it isnt nice.
Dude, your girlfriend might be really depressed and may need some help over her dads death...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I also got A* is G.C.S.E Religious Studies. Like I said, showing to an examiner you can rattle off points parrot fashion doesnt mean you understand things. I'm not saying you dont but to 'generalise' there are alot of people out there who get top grades by learning answers parrot fashion.
good for them.......
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Dude, your girlfriend might be really depressed and may need some help over her dads death...
ditto.

cuddle her and talk to her - show her that you are a real caring boyfriend.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I hope that wasnt a joke.
:confused:
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
ditto.

cuddle her and talk to her - show her that you are a real caring boyfriend.

somehow?! I meant professional help...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads