The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Joey_Johns
I do.

hats a good thing to hear then. :smile:
bono
hats a good thing to hear then. :smile:

do you cuddle your girlfriend and are you a really caring boyfriend?
ThornsnRoses
somehow?! I meant professional help...

a loving boyfriend who cares is often more helpful........
ThornsnRoses
do you cuddle your girlfriend and are you a really caring boyfriend?

i dont have a girlfriend.
Joey_Johns
Thats exactly what my girlfriend says. I try my best. Like I said before I probably wouldnt do somethings compared to if I was going out with someone else due to the circumstances. Especially on the aniversary, I tried desperatly for her to forget it.

thats all you can do..... :wink:
Reply 125
suicide iis normally down to deep depression or some kind of mental illnessor deep despair. I dont think that you can blame people who have committed suicide because they dont think they are selfish they honestly think that the world will be better off without them. If anyone gets suicidal thoughts that wont go away they should seriously see a counsellor or go the the doctors. People can normally help.
Reply 126
Suicide is viewed differently in other societies. In Japan suicide is not necessarily looked down on. In Japan if a person has brought shame or dishonour they sometimes commit suicide (this is mainly in Samurai though) But this still happens in Japan where successful businessmen who fail kill themselves quite often. However, in Japan suicide is not always about shame or dis-honour (re: the 47 Ronin)
viviki
People can normally help.

many choose not to, hence why people think along suicidal lines....
Reply 128
bono
many choose not to, hence why people think along suicidal lines....

I know thats why on the first sign of feeling that way you should talk to someone because its like a downward spiral you dont start to get better you feel worse and worse until you cant talk to anyone.
Although I hate anti depressants they do help. One of my best friends was on them for 5 years and gradually she came off them and she is like a different person now, so much more stable.
surely if you can't bear living for yourself you should live for the sake of others happiness.

although in the long term i guess nothing matters neway
Reply 130
Joey_Johns
That was the weird thing about my girlfriends dads suicide. There were no signs that he was upset at all. He was a very stable person, very succesful with absolutely no signs of even thinking about suicide.

Thats the problem a lot of people have problems showing emotion its the locking it all in that makes them snap and sometimes resort to suicide. Not being able to talk about something often makes it worse.
Joey_Johns
I agree. The thing that hurts though is that it wasnt something serious. It was about a companies profits, thats why it is so hard to get over for his family.

I take note of the person who said about Japanese culture. The thing is though he hadnt failed, the company was still very profitable, the sales had just slumped over half a year.

Maybe there were other reasons which contributed to the suicide, as Viki said, sometimes people lock up their emotions.

Latest

Trending

Trending